New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota's supercharged iQ pocket rocket heads to production (w/ video)
    Words by Andre Palma | Photos courtesy of Toyota Motor Corporation

The Toyota iQ, a micro car initially released in 2008 in Japan and Europe, may not be on anyone’s automotive bucket list. Built for the ever-dwindling space for cars in the cityscape, the raison d’êtres of the model were the clever use of unbelievably small interior space and maximizing the maneuverability that comes with being small and light weight. The result was a cube on wheels with just enough power to outpace a bicycle with a wicker basket, coaster brakes, and a kickstand.

But in a twist of fate, the announcement of a hot production version at the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon changes the fortunes of the car entirely. Enter the Gazoo Racing supercharged iQ concept.....

CLICK LINK TO CONTINUE: Toyota's supercharged iQ pocket rocket heads to production (w/ video)
    LINK: Toyota's supercharged iQ pocket rocket heads to production (w/ video)

That might be funny.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Funny or not, I want one as a weekend toy!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Me too.

Interesting thing about the iQ, it's one of the few front-wheel drive cars, and the only one on the market at the moment that I can think of, where the engine is behind the front axle.

This gives it great weight distribution, and if set up right, it should be a hoot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Interesting thing about the iQ, it's one of the few front-wheel drive cars, and the only one on the market at the moment that I can think of, where the engine is behind the front axle.
    I'd like to see if Toyota would give a brand-new iQ for anybody who could rollover one, like Citroën advertised for its Traction Avant series, that also had the engine behind the front axle

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    so will this be better than the Cygnet?

(too lazy to research :P )

The Cygnet is a badge-engineered version of it, and the British automakers had a long-time tradition with Roots-type compressors. Maybe it wouldn't last too much for a supercharged version of the Cygnet to appear...

"Toyota's supercharged iQ pocket rocket heads to production"