Toyota Yaris/Vitz 1.3vvti converted

Good deal or not?

here are the specs:
    pearl white
    210k price
    1.3vvti AT
    Odometer - 70k-80k
    Gas - 13km/l city , 16km/l hiway
    the philippine registration papers says it's 2007 but i believe it a 2002-2006 model
    the car is well maintained it was owned by my brother in law's best friend
    he acquired the car january of 2011 (last year)
    the car has scratches but it's only minor

he is the first owner from the philippines, the car is from japan

here are some pictures:

more car pictures
    yaris pictures by pink_chocobo - Photobucket

any input would be nice thanks in advance

Toyota is always good bang for the bucket, altough I'm not a real enthusiast of these RHD to LHD conversions (they're also mandatory for the "Tokio Takeaways" in Chile, Bolivia and Paraguay). But if you already know the car and how it has been mantained, seems to be a good deal.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thanks for the input cripple_rooster

i actually find it a good deal since i've been trying to find a card that's cheaper than this one and this one looks better than the rest that are available which i've seen.

the car can be bought by a downpayment of 40k and 1-2 months of payment for the rest. There's actually someone who wants to buy the car for 250k but he can only pay for it within 5 months. but the person badly needs cash now that's why he can't approve the other buyer.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Not a good buy for 250 K in my opinion.

How do you know if the conversion ( RH to LH ) was done thru a conversion kit ? It might just be converted thru cut & weld !
    I wont take a risk with that kind of money .

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    How about a local Toyota Echo?

Nearly identical with the unit you're looking but more safe, kasi wala nang welding and cut and weld thingy, and magkasing presyo with the imported ones.

Here are some units that you might want to check. All local
    - Sulit ID 2325456
    - Sulit ID 4267757

Meron din Echo Verso, same price range and you may want to check it out
    - Sulit ID 4863460
    - Sulit ID 4887107

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    No the car is only 210k not 250k. We have reached to an agreement of 205k. How much would this normally cost for a good buy?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *myk - the echo your selling is 270k. 65k more than yours, and the odometer is 140k-150k so it's twice the range. Also yours is manual the one being sold to me is automatic.

I also forgot to mention that i live in cagayan de oro city where 2nd hand cars are more expensive here.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since in law mo naman pala ang may-ari neto, I believe OK na kunin yan. Outwardly the car looks good naman, and the engine seems to be clean. If you have driven it and are satisfied with it, then by all means, go on with your purchase. Yun nga lang... Bat may 5k pa sa 205k? 200k na!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    the car isn't from my brother in lay but my brother in law's best friend (since grade school) they have been close friends for more than 20 years and the also work together.

hahahaha that's the funny part while making the contract the to sell he insisted that it's for 220k my lawyer said make it 200k else she won't approve, but we did already reached to an agreement of 205k since he told me that he already planed to give part of the money to my brother in law.

thanks for looking at the pictures, i don't really know how to look at the engine but everyone keeps telling me that the previous only is a very good in taking care of his car, my sister told me that this was my best bet in buying a 2nd hand car because other if it were other cars i wouldn't know if it was flooded or not

Quote Originally Posted by kingsindian67 View Post
    How do you know if the conversion ( RH to LH ) was done thru a conversion kit ? It might just be converted thru cut & weld !
    Usually, even in a cut-and-weld conversion the steering components are replaced with brand-new ones for safety reasons.

Toyota Yaris/Vitz 1.3vvti converted need help purchasing