The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    come to think of it, i haven't seen one plying our humble roads yet

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen two or three. Give it time.

But yes, the existence of the Swift and Jazz hurt sales. The small hatchback market is after two things: Looks and Economy.

Looks-wise, the Swift still pips the Yaris, and Economy-wise, the Jazz has the Yaris covered, with that wonderful CVT and the availability of a 1.3 (and more space, to boot).

The Yaris, in 1.5 liter trim, will only appeal to that very small subsection that's interested in sporty hatchbacks... and the Jazz 1.5 and Swift 1.5 are both sportier than the Yaris... thus, sales are slow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah i like the yaris but wouldnt think of getting one...i'd just add 100k and get the civic 1.8s instead if i were in the market for a car right now

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    A friend of mine owns one. ginamint namin from Manila to Zambales and Zambales to Manila.

What can i say? over all it a nice little spacious, comfortble, manuverable and easy to drive. Except for the clutch sobrang lalim ang hirap mag timpla.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    if its small it should be cheap? the Philippines is perhaps the only country where a small car is more expensive than a bigger one..

in other countries, the smaller and more fuel efficient the car, the cheaper it is..

our government should change some laws and reduce tax on small fuel efficient cars.. problem with this country is that having a car is a status symbol..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    if its small it should be cheap? the Philippines is perhaps the only country where a small car is more expensive than a bigger one..

in other countries, the smaller and more fuel efficient the car, the cheaper it is..

our government should change some laws and reduce tax on small fuel efficient cars.. problem with this country is that having a car is a status symbol..

Thats why bihira ang mga kotse dito na bare model like steel rims no stereo.

Laging puno ng accersories at feature. (Maybe its a jeepney thing)

Like Isuzu Crosswind It has so many accersories
    they even have mesh grill cover for the spare tyre. (Anti overheat?)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The tax is already smaller (percentage-wise) on small cars than big cars. But since it's based on price, small cars that are expensive get even more expensive here. The Jazz/Fit ain't exactly cheap, elsewhere.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

It's because the smaller cars in other markets are considered entry level and most buyers of the segment have a limited budget for the car and the fuel it consumes.

Cars will stop becoming a status symbol in the Philippines when a majority of the population don't have to worry about where they will get their next meal. For now owning car is considered a luxury by most people because of the cost in purchasing and maintaining the vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not necessarily. mini coopers aren't exactly cheap. or those sports edition hatchbacks, regardless of whatever country it's being sold in

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've seen two or three. Give it time.

But yes, the existence of the Swift and Jazz hurt sales. The small hatchback market is after two things: Looks and Economy.

Looks-wise, the Swift still pips the Yaris, and Economy-wise, the Jazz has the Yaris covered, with that wonderful CVT and the availability of a 1.3 (and more space, to boot).

The Yaris, in 1.5 liter trim, will only appeal to that very small subsection that's interested in sporty hatchbacks... and the Jazz 1.5 and Swift 1.5 are both sportier than the Yaris... thus, sales are slow.
    Bulls Eye
    The Yaris may be another mistake of Toyota, Even if they are #1, they still have a few mistakes..
    I think the Yaris should have been brought here with the European Diesel engine to have a chance against the Jazz. Or bring in the 2 door model to have a chance against the Swift.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
toyota yaris