New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    katok = ping? weird o2 sensor/ecu/injector can't cope

petron unleaded, shell unleaded, caltex silver = all sound the the same upon reaching 3k rpm

i filled up with total premier unleaded again this morning and the sound is gradual - the way i expected it... pity there are only a few total gas stations around

Then try XCS...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    Then try XCS...
    might give it a try after i consumed total

its ironic and seems that there are 2 possible flaws (if it were gasoline):
    - required octane rating in the owner's manual is incorrect, or
    - advertised octane rating of gas stations here are incorrect

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    might give it a try after i consumed total

its ironic and seems that there are 2 possible flaws (if it were gasoline):
    - required octane rating in the owner's manual is incorrect, or
    - advertised octane rating of gas stations here are incorrect
    Considering there are those of us who've experienced these problems in other cars... what do you think? If the gas doesn't work for you, then the station's RON ratings are garbage. Go with what your car likes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Considering there are those of us who've experienced these problems in other cars... what do you think? If the gas doesn't work for you, then the station's RON ratings are garbage. Go with what your car likes.
    exactly ;)

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    On my 2.7 li 2TR-FE (2.0 li 1TR-FE in the Innova), ever since the mass dilution of fuel with ethanol, I had no choice but to fill up using Blaze. But since Blaze 100 was released I noticed the vehicle accelerates with better response and without any hesitation now. This is unlike when I used to fill up with lesser RON ratings like Blaze 97, Xtra unleaded 93 or XCS 95 (before the former and the latter were diluted with ethanol). All filled up at the same Petron station at UN Avenue (when its not raining).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    On my 2.7 li 2TR-FE (2.0 li 1TR-FE in the Innova), ever since the mass dilution of fuel with ethanol, I had no choice but to fill up using Blaze. But since Blaze 100 was released I noticed the vehicle accelerates with better response and without any hesitation now. This is unlike when I used to fill up with lesser RON ratings like Blaze 97, Xtra unleaded 93 or XCS 95 (before the former and the latter were diluted with ethanol). All filled up at the same Petron station at UN Avenue (when its not raining).
    i was also thinking along the same line - ethanol, but then total premier also has e10.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tried filling up with blaze and xcs. blaze worked best obviously, but coming from unleaded (big 3, total), xcs has already showed a tremendous difference. the rumbling sound was nearly gone when passing over the 3k boundary. it was just the usual engine hum that gets louder as you get up the rpm's

anyone for seaoil xtreme97?
    Last edited by spyghost; June 6th, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    SeaOil 97 is just a bit better tham most 95s. Not quite as good as V-Power or Blaze.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    this time, i tried v power. almost the same as blaze, but really hard to tell the difference blaze vs vpower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
toyota vvt-i engine rumbling sound at 3k rpm (innova gas m/t)