New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by adulaamin View Post
    Hi all. Sorry to revive such an old thread but one of the used cars I'm looking at as an option to buy is an XX. How's the ride quality in these things? Thanks and sorry again.
    Ride quality is okay (hindi matagtag) although if the XX model runs on 17s it will not be as smooth a the units that use the standard 14 inch and 15 inch rims.

Insulation and isolation from road imperfections is also not as good as that on an Altis. If you want that you may want to consider 10th gen Corolla (2009 to 2013 model).

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    How would it compare to a 2007 Honda Civic 1.8V (base model). I know they're in different segments but those are my options with the budget I have.

Basically, my question is, for the same money, which would you get, the top of the line 2008 Vios or the base model 2007 Civic?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by adulaamin View Post
    How would it compare to a 2007 Honda Civic 1.8V (base model). I know they're in different segments but those are my options with the budget I have.

Basically, my question is, for the same money, which would you get, the top of the line 2008 Vios or the base model 2007 Civic?
    The Civic has more space (interior and trunk) and refinement of course is a level above although the ride is also firm. If your priority is durability, Vios by a long mile versus the FD. My family has a 2009 Civic FD with 80K on the odo, and a 2007 Vios 1.3E with 147K on the odo (the Vios got flooded before as well). We've replaced more wear and tear parts on the FD (alternator, starter, PS hoses, all engine mounts, tensioner, etc.) versus the Vios. It's easy to repair and parts are abundant but nonetheless i would expect better and it is irritating to have parts wear prematurely.

Consider a 2009 Altis as well.

Given the cars are almost 10 years old, the main factor of durability is also how the previous owners maintained it so keep your options open and look at several units. Go with the one who is preferably first owned and service records (whether CASA or outside) can be presented so you know the maintenance history.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The Civic has more space (interior and trunk) and refinement of course is a level above although the ride is also firm. If your priority is durability, Vios by a long mile versus the FD. My family has a 2009 Civic FD with 80K on the odo, and a 2007 Vios 1.3E with 147K on the odo (the Vios got flooded before as well). We've replaced more wear and tear parts on the FD (alternator, starter, PS hoses, all engine mounts, tensioner, etc.) versus the Vios. It's easy to repair and parts are abundant but nonetheless i would expect better and it is irritating to have parts wear prematurely.

Consider a 2009 Altis as well.

Given the cars are almost 10 years old, the main factor of durability is also how the previous owners maintained it so keep your options open and look at several units. Go with the one who is preferably first owned and service records (whether CASA or outside) can be presented so you know the maintenance history.
    Thanks for your insights. I'll look into the service records. I'm keeping my options open.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Toyota Vios XX Limited Edition