New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What's the variant of your Vios?

Voters
597. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.3J

86 14.41%
  • 1.3E

278 46.57%
  • 1.3G

55 9.21%
  • 1.5G

117 19.60%
  • 1.5 XX

4 0.67%
  • 1.5S

2 0.34%
  • 1.5SE

5 0.84%
  • I don't own a VIOS.

50 8.38%
Page 1150 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 105011001140114611471148114911501151115211531154 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,500 of 11542
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had similar problem with my innova's engine oil filter water warning light.
    i went thru the procedure, as per the howner's manual.
    the light did not go away.
    in disgust, i replaced the entire filter housing. the assembly was cheaper, back then.
    hayun! nawala ang warning light.

some years later,
    someone here narrated how to re-set the computer in so many easy steps...
    why the manufacturer failed to include this in the manual, i do not know.

highs.
    Google told me the abs light can be reset by buying a special cable, tapping it to something on the car I forgot then a series of steps that includes stepping multiple times on the brake. If that steps are true then it will be easier and cheaper to pay someone to do it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Google told me the abs light can be reset by buying a special cable, tapping it to something on the car I forgot then a series of steps that includes stepping multiple times on the brake. If that steps are true then it will be easier and cheaper to pay someone to do it.

i agree.
    unless we expect them idiot lights to come-a-caroling on a regular basis...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm tempted to bring my vios sa rapide because of the abs lighting on the dashboard, may malapit kasi na rapide sa amin. But I'm aware of the rapide horror thread here in tsikot years ago. Pero for some years I haven't seen that thread surfaced so iniisip ko baka OK na sila. But I think I can still ignore that abs light kaysa mag try sa rapide.

Sent from my EB2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    baka naman as simple as a faulty wheel speed sensor. mqy you could borrow an obd scanner the proceed from there

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Rapide is one of those notorious shops back in the day. Dont know if they still scam people until now. Brother was victimized before and held the car hostage after a supposed 'free' inspection. Never went there again.

A decent shop in manila charges about 3500 for labor for clutch while backyards as low as 2000.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I think pwede na sa 4k considering Cebu pa. 7k total for clutch parts and labor good for about 70-80K kms, can't complain na. Pero thinking about it now, parang mas gusto ko na mag auto gearbox na lang, ATF change is an hour job rather than a day job for clutch change. And doesn't make a huge difference din sa final expenses. Huwag lang talaga magloko

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hey, that's great!
    which branch is this, sir?
    let's give them their due.
    Unfortunately for you, Doc, I'm in Cebu Actually got a printout of everything they've done just like sa casa. Going back to this shop in the future for sure.

I was assuming pag nagawa yung reason bakit may ABS warning eh mawawala yung warning. Although Google told me there's a procedure to reset the warning. Maybe it will be more easier nga to let rapide do everything.

Using my OBD scanner, the fault won't go away even after replacing the faulty part and doing a re-scan. You have to do a reset (via the OBD scanner) and then you can try scanning again, thereby making sure the faulty part is returning the correct response.

I really feel that some shops make a big business out of it and charge customers excessively for just running the scanner. My OBD scanners are running all the time in both our cars, I might consider charging myself for it also

BTW, I got my first scanner at Shenzhen's Electronic City for about 1.3k. 2 years later I got the 2nd one from Shopee for just 1k. I think China and Shopee is one and the same? hahah

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    Unfortunately for you, Doc, I'm in Cebu Actually got a printout of everything they've done just like sa casa. Going back to this shop in the future for sure.
    perhaps it has rubbed off onto the rapide NCR branches as well...?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    baka naman as simple as a faulty wheel speed sensor. mqy you could borrow an obd scanner the proceed from there
    I actually got curious and it seems nasa ilalim lang port nya at exposed na? All I have to do is buy a scanner and connect to it. Also there's a learning curve on how to use it. Maybe Google could help on that part.

Update: found the port, all I need now is the scanner.

Can you guys recommend a scanner? I heard there's a Bluetooth version.

Last edited by BratPAQ; February 12th, 2022 at 10:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Using my OBD scanner, the fault won't go away even after replacing the faulty part and doing a re-scan. You have to do a reset (via the OBD scanner) and then you can try scanning again, thereby making sure the faulty part is returning the correct response.

I really feel that some shops make a big business out of it and charge customers excessively for just running the scanner. My OBD scanners are running all the time in both our cars, I might consider charging myself for it also

BTW, I got my first scanner at Shenzhen's Electronic City for about 1.3k. 2 years later I got the 2nd one from Shopee for just 1k. I think China and Shopee is one and the same? hahah
    Can you link the OBD scanner from shopee? Or maybe words I can search? OBD 2 ba ang vios? Mine is 2nd gen.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I think pwede na sa 4k considering Cebu pa. 7k total for clutch parts and labor good for about 70-80K kms, can't complain na. Pero thinking about it now, parang mas gusto ko na mag auto gearbox na lang, ATF change is an hour job rather than a day job for clutch change. And doesn't make a huge difference din sa final expenses. Huwag lang talaga magloko
    80k kms palit clutch? Maaga yata yan masyado sir..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    80k kms palit clutch? Maaga yata yan masyado sir..
    well,
    my 140K km innova MT still has its original clutch.

i suppose, it's how the car is driven.

Toyota Vios Owners & Discussions Thread