New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So the 1NR-FE (1.3) has 97 hp while the 2NR-FE (1.5) only has 104 hp?

I understand that paper figures aren't reflective of powerbands and gear ratios, but for people who aren't car nuts, it'll be hard selling an extra 7 horsepower for a 100k difference. Toyota Vios with CVT soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would get the 1.3L its punchy on the avanza according to indonesias. Imagine that on the 7spd cvt. 😆

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The 1.5L vios will have fc more or less that of the honda city 1.5L cvt

Dual vvti and 7spd cvt might be frugal compared to the torquey honda. The honda city will fly off faster though.

The 1.3L with the 7spd cvt will be better in the traffic imo. I havent seen the fc numbers but theoretical it should be more frugal than the 1.5 sibling.
    Thanks for the info. Which do you think would have better FC for half city, half SLEX driving?

I'm tempted to get the 1.5G because of the extra toys it has compared to the 1.3E but FC takes top priority for me.

Really looking forward to a comprehensive review of the new engines.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Vios price seems to be too much. 1.3E cvt is at the same price of a 1.5E Honda City cvt and the 1.5G is 40,000 pesos away from a G variant Altis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    so, nakita ko rin yung Vios E with new engine Dual VVT-i. no major update as far as exterior and interior is concerned.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi all, good afternoon.

Any info on the FC of the Vios 1.3 A/T CVT?

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the vios or the Hyundai Accent A/T CRDI 1.6E+ 7-DCT sedan.

Here in Cebu - the vios 1.3 a/t is around 780K , accent is around 835K (both after discounts)

I've read here that the engine and FC of the accent is great in its category, however, i have not read any feedback yet for the new dual vvti cvt engines of the vios.

The accent is kind-off bare though for both exterior & interior (the units sold here doesn't have any fog lamps, basic stereo receiver w/o bluetooth, etc...) I know your paying more for the tech of the diesel engine, but it would also mean that i would spend more money on the entertainment section (better audio system, fog lights, garnishing)

Hopefully someone can give me some feedback on the Vios 1.3 a/t CVT's fuel consumption.

TIA

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chickm View Post
    Hi all, good afternoon.

Any info on the FC of the Vios 1.3 A/T CVT?

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the vios or the Hyundai Accent A/T CRDI 1.6E+ 7-DCT sedan.

Here in Cebu - the vios 1.3 a/t is around 780K , accent is around 835K (both after discounts)

I've read here that the engine and FC of the accent is great in its category, however, i have not read any feedback yet for the new dual vvti cvt engines of the vios.

The accent is kind-off bare though for both exterior & interior (the units sold here doesn't have any fog lamps, basic stereo receiver w/o bluetooth, etc...) I know your paying more for the tech of the diesel engine, but it would also mean that i would spend more money on the entertainment section (better audio system, fog lights, garnishing)

Hopefully someone can give me some feedback on the Vios 1.3 a/t CVT's fuel consumption.

TIA
    I was considering the CRDI Accent as well previously but I agree, it's pretty bare, even the latest TOTL model. The previous CRDI Accent TOTL were good but the current ones are just not up to par anymore.

Really hoping someone would report on the FC figures of the new Dual VVTi engines. If it's not a significant improvement, I'll just get the Corolla Altis.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruov View Post
    I was considering the CRDI Accent as well previously but I agree, it's pretty bare, even the latest TOTL model. The previous CRDI Accent TOTL were good but the current ones are just not up to par anymore.

Really hoping someone would report on the FC figures of the new Dual VVTi engines. If it's not a significant improvement, I'll just get the Corolla Altis.
    If you can afford the Altis, get the Altis. Even if the new Vios is slightly more efficient, the improvement in power, ride quality, space, and overall image is worth more than the few pesos you save on gas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    800k for the base model 1.3 cvt. Lol

This will make the mirage g4 a hot seller with its 703k pricing.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Or the City.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Doubt it. The Vios is a better car overall compared to the smaller Mirage. Sure the Mirage is cheaper, but many people are willing to shell out more for the Vios, which has become the standard point A to point B car for many Filipinos.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast