New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Sir Mark my unsolicited advice po if you don't mind is keep on saving your money muna sir. Don't be in a hurry to buy your car in the financial state you are in right now. Sandali lang yun saya tapos kayo rin mahihirapan po. I suggest when you have enough and you are financially healthy is the best time to buy a car and not as of this moment sir. Toyota Vios 1.3 E A/T TFS

But if you must. Then buy a cheaper one. Maybe a Wigo or Mirage will suffice sir?
    looks like the same person.
    however, i would still like to defer on your opinion..... the car is still brand new. i don't think he can afford one now.
    if the TS would really want to have a car because of utility reasons, then he can still allocate an amount (e.g. 150-200k) and buy second hand.... at least, pag hindi kinaya yung MA (kung brand new), walang masasayang and walang hahatakin... all he has to think about are those daily expenses and maintenance costs.

we do not know the exact financial position of the TS now..... sya lang makakapagsabi. ang point ko lang is hindi sya kakayanin in the long run based on his current financial position.

kung wala namang savings na ganung kalaki pa..... commute commute muna...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Sir Mark my unsolicited advice po if you don't mind is keep on saving your money muna sir. Don't be in a hurry to buy your car in the financial state you are in right now. Sandali lang yun saya tapos kayo rin mahihirapan po. I suggest when you have enough and you are financially healthy is the best time to buy a car and not as of this moment sir. Toyota Vios 1.3 E A/T TFS

But if you must. Then buy a cheaper one. Maybe a Wigo or Mirage will suffice sir?
    however, i would still like to defer on your opinion..... the car is still brand new. i don't think he can afford one now.
    if the TS would really want to have a car because of utility reasons, then he can still allocate an amount (e.g. 150-200k) and buy second hand.... at least, pag hindi kinaya yung MA (kung brand new), walang masasayang and walang hahatakin... all he has to think about are those daily expenses and maintenance costs.

we do not know the exact financial position of the TS now..... sya lang makakapagsabi. ang point ko lang is hindi sya kakayanin in the long run based on his current financial position.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

a second hand car is always an option... perhaps the better option for those with limited financial resources..
    and please tell me that TS has a garage to park his car in.. otherwise, isa pa siyang paparada sa lansangan at magpapapalala ng trapik!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

a second hand car is always an option... perhaps the better option for those with limited financial resources..
    and please tell me that TS has a garage to park his car in.. otherwise, isa pa siyang paparada sa lansangan at magpapapalala ng trapik!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's the same person! 15 months ago..

it's the same person! 15 months ago..
    HEhehe same question din, copy paste lang lol

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

we grew up around older cars, that we tinkered with so's we can use them. perhaps that is the reason i don't bat an eyelash over used cars.
    the only car that is the unquestionable kiss of death... is the stolen car.

we grew up around older cars, that we tinkered with so's we can use them. perhaps that is the reason i don't bat an eyelash over used cars.
    the only car that is the unquestionable kiss of death... is the stolen car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Baquiran View Post
    Ask ko lang mga sire kung ok ang deal na ito? This is from in house Toyota Financial Service.

Toyota Vios 1.3 E A/T Unit Cost = 762,000
    Low Downpayment = 56,900 ALL IN (includes 1 yr free insurance with AOG, 3 yrs free LTO Reg, Free Chattel Mortgage, Rustproofing, Platinum Tint, Toyota Matting, Seat Cover, Keychain, Umbrella, Spare Tire and Set of tools and jack, 10L of Fuel, Early Warning Device, Free 1000 and 5000 PMS, Free Rain Gutter
    Monthly Amorthization = 14,980 60 month

As of now yung low downpayment ang kaya ko bilang wala pa ako masyadong ipon plus the monthly amorthization of 15k is enough sakto lang di mababa di rin naman sobrang taas. More than 15k monthly amorthization baka di ko na kaya. I know mataas ang interest ng In House financing pero worth it naman ba since sobrang baba ng downpayment ko and with all freebies.

Pahelp naman sirs!!!!

Not sure if nakabali ka or hindi. For sure, mas mataas na ngayon ang price kasi lumabas na ang 3rd gen ng Vios. I would like to still offer my advice though because I've just have mine recently.
    First, ask your agent, if you know him/her well, to give you a bank that could provide you the best deals -- freebies, lowest interest, etc. Alam ng agent iyon because they know which of the banks offer the lowest interest rates. Bear in mind the lowest interest rates, not low downpayment.
    Second, not sure if TFS has lower interest, but I think if you go with the banks, you can choose which of them can give you the best deal.
    Third, not sure of your financial standing, pero tama din naman iyong mga nagsasabi ditto na having car is not all about the monthly amortization and downpayment. you have to provide budget for monthly gas/parking fees etc. I would encourage you, however, to get a brand new one and if you feel like you can really afford the monthly expense, go get one. If you have monthly budgets to consider, siguro do the math first, then pababain mo ang budget mo sa ibang bagay if you could then if you think your salary can afford the monthly expense of having a car, go grab for it.
    It feels good if you have one, sa akin it inspired me to do better in my job because my car is like my second baby, I have another offering of the hardships I do sa work. I had my first car quite late in my life and I felt I would have been a better person (professionally) if I only had one earlier in my life. There are so many things having a car would teach you as a person, and one of them, how you would manage your funds because you wouldn't want to lose your baby. You would keep fighting for it until such time na magugulat ka na lang na tapos na pala hinuhulugan mo.
    Having a car has its pros and cons, but instead on dwelling on the cons, why not harp on the pros and the good thing that it will do to your life?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Sana mabasa ng lahat ng nagpaplanong bumili ng una nilang sasakyan ang thread na to, hindi para i-discourage sila kundi para malaman nila kung handa ba ang kanilang wallet magmay-ari ng sariling sasakyan.

Vehicle : Vios 1.3 E AT model 2014
    Regular Trips
    Weekday : Calamba - Los Banos daily (wife ko regular na gumagamit)
    Weekend : Either one or all of Nuvali, Tanauan, Bay
    Fuel Consumption : 11-12 km/L mixed driving measured using Full tank method

Expenses for the year 2015 :
    Gasoline : 60K per year or 5K per month at the price of 40-41 pesos per liter.
    Insurance : 20.2K for the second year.
    Maintenance : 10K estimate for the second year All Casa
    10K pms - 3.5K
    15K pms - 2.3K
    20K pms scheduled this month - estimate is 4.5K
    Toll Fee : 3.6K per year or 300 per month during weekends. Will spike up kung may byahe pa Manila or Batangas City.
    Cleaning Tools (Carwash, cloth, wax, glass cleaner, etc) : 1.5 K - might be over estimated since di naman to nauubos in 1 year.
    Parking : 1.2K per year for some occasional pay parking. Free parking si wife sa office nya.
    Car Wash : 200 per year for the water bill. I always do the cleaning myself.
    LTO Reg : Free for the first 3 years, will budget on the 4th year.

Wala naman na ata akong nakalimutan. No other repair/maintenance aside from regular PMS.

TOTAL : 96,700 per year maintenance cost. :car: :shocked2: :jawdrop:

galing po ito sa-----
    Your monthly or annual car maintenance cost

just want to share lang po

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Try the bank just for comparison

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Sir good day,
    Ask ko lang kung ano maaaring problema ng car alarm ng toyota vios 1.3E namin. Supposed to be ma trigger ang alarm nito if sususian w/o unlocking. Hindi na po siya nagana kahit ilan beses ko na i test. Tnx and Godspeed...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017

Sir good day,
    Ask ko lang kung ano maaaring problema ng car alarm ng toyota vios 1.3E namin. Supposed to be ma trigger ang alarm nito if sususian w/o unlocking. Hindi na po siya nagana kahit ilan beses ko na i test. Tnx and Godspeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff2308 View Post
    HEhehe same question din, copy paste lang lol
    Sir good day,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12