New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    oohh the venza. sweet little car :D
    sad nga kasi mukang malabo dumating dito yan.
    and honga pala. sira yung mga images. modified yata or nabura na kaya putol image link

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    well when you consider basic commodities in ratio with average salaries life is still indeed cheaper in developed countries. Electricity in japan is a lot cheaper than the philippines. For a country who pays a part time worker at a food chain 800 yen an hour that's cheap already

The philippines is more expensive that others might think

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post
    well when you consider basic commodities in ratio with average salaries life is still indeed cheaper in developed countries. Electricity in japan is a lot cheaper than the philippines. For a country who pays a part time worker at a food chain 800 yen an hour that's cheap already

The philippines is more expensive that others might think
    i think what your trying to explain is called "cost of living" ...its cuz, the majority of the workers earn less on 3rd world country vs than richer country, thats why the cost of products like gas and food are cheaper they are also necessity but cars are luxury, remember that we get tax bigger also,

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I wouldn't say that cars are a luxury since the average middle-class hardworking student in the States can buy (or build) a car using part-time job earnings. But then again, there are luxury cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that in the US, cars that are considered as such are taxed higher than average cars.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I wouldn't say that cars are a luxury since the average middle-class hardworking student in the States can buy (or build) a car using part-time job earnings. But then again, there are luxury cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that in the US, cars that are considered as such are taxed higher than average cars.
    actually im talking about in phil. in the US we kinda call car a necessity our public mass trans sucks specially here in socal. we do have luxury tax on high end cars more than $40,000 but not all states are like that, we have diffrent tax laws in diffrent states. example in oregon cars, food and clothing are not taxed but the cost of living is lower than california so it means you get payed lower.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Here in the Philippines, they are luxuries. They may seem a necessity for some, especially if their jobs/businesses require them to travel a lot, but for the vast majority, it is still luxury. An average Juan who earns minimum wage(to be considered blessed na ren to at least have a job, compared to the number of jobless Juans/Marias here) can barely make ends meet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    whoah akala ko naligaw na ko hehehe!
    hala yung pics di na yata iaupdate, i'd better google them na lang uli or visit toyota site baka pwede na dun unlike sa dati
    ano kaya itsura nito pag nalagyan ng racing style na bodykits?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    whoah akala ko naligaw na ko hehehe!
    hala yung pics di na yata iaupdate, i'd better google them na lang uli or visit toyota site baka pwede na dun unlike sa dati
    ano kaya itsura nito pag nalagyan ng racing style na bodykits?
    sorry my younger brother accidentally deleted some of my pic at photobucket

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Cars ARE a luxury here since the Philippine government dictates it to be. That's how I see it. Hmmmm, maybe I'm being too idealistic...hehehe

I saw the Venza once on Gran Turismo 4...does it really have AWD? If it does, it'll eat the Celica!!! Hehehe...'coz it lost the grunt since the GT-Four...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Up ko lang........

Wala bang pag-asa "maligaw" sa Pinas ito?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Venza