New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Simota cleaning is a DIY thing using Simota or K&N cleaning kit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ako satisfied naman ako sa toyota commonwealth..ewan ko lang ang iba. kasi un disc brake ng rav namin na sa passenger side.tumutunog un squeal .then pinacheck ko sabay na sa 5K PM... pinalitan nila, d ko man lang nga alam, sinabi nalang sakin na pinapalitan na hehehe 7K ata un worth nun brake pads lang.. under warranty. depende actually dun sa guy na nakakausap mo. may accomodating may ndi. pero im satisfied naman dun

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hi guys! TALAGANG HWAG KAU SA TOYOTA THUNDER SERVICE ALONG ARANETA AVE, IT IS ALSO OWNED BY TOYOTA QUEZON AVENUE WHICH I HAVE CURSED A LONG TIME AGO!!

I HAVE PREVIOUSLY TOLD MY STORY SA OLD BOARD NG KOTSE, JOHNSTONE1 HANDLE KO, SINIRA NILA CORONA KO 4 2WKS!

BWISIT SILA!

TRUST ME MGA PEEPS, U CAN INFORM ALL UR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES NOT 2 SERVICE DER UNITS SA TQA N ITS OTHER SHOPS!

NAGULAT NGA AKO EH WEN I DROPPED BY SA THUNDER NILA SA ARANETA, C MR EPAL ROBLES NANDUN, SUS, 2 YRS AKO NAGHINTAY NG TAWAG NILA PRA DUN SA REPORT NG SIRA KONG FRONT CHIN! NI-HI NI-HO WALA!!

TIMING BELT PINAGAWA KO, LAHAT GINALAW, PALIT! **** SIRA PARIN! I WENT 2 ICHIBAN, DAMNET! HI-TENSION WIRE LANG PALA SIRA N SPARKPLUGS!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Damn right. All casas, IMHO, are motivated by quantity over quality. That explains their arrogance, outrageous fees, and sloppy performance.

I have brought my last two brand new Toyotas to practically most of the Toyota casas in Metro Manila. Here are some of my horror stories:

1. My front left speaker was stolen when I left my Corolla for three days for a minor paint job. I only discovered this the next day after retrieving my car.
    2. My expensive 17" chrome mags was scratched - obviously by the rev-happy car jockeys, as described in some of the previous posts in this thread.
    3. Overspray here and there with practically most of the paint jobs done there. Talk about sloppy paintmanship!
    4. Repainting, in general in casas, are terribly third-rate. They are the worst. I've experienced bubbling in the first few months - and not just on one occasion.
    5. My stereo's remote control was switched. Mine was in mint condition. The one that I got had scuffs all over.

Lessons learned? Casas are motivated first and foremost by quantity, not quality. The reason is primordially economic - a high overhead expense that they must hurdle. Over the years, I've learned to go to different shops for different works - paint, mechanical, electrical, airconditioning, etc. The biggest plus here is that you get expert service in each shop's area of expertise, unlike the trainees/imbeciles/unionized staff of the casas who treat your car as just another hurdle in their daily 8 to 5 grind. Why should they give a f---? It's not their car! And they get that same amount in their paycheck every payday regardless of their sloppy workmanship!

And, if I may just point out, have you ever wondered what goes on in their work areas after you check in your vehicle? We are at their mercy since we are not given the chance to even catch a glimpse of what they are doing, or are pretendong to be doing, to our car. In short, we are supposed to take their word for it every time, all the time, when they say that this or that needs to be replaced or serviced, etc.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    on my experience... everytime na ipa PMS namin yung 2000 revo diesel namin sa toyota balintawak North eh hindi namin iwan.. ako mismo bantay habang ginagawa nila... nakikipag kwentuhan ako habang tune-up nila... kaya satisfied ako sa work nila dahil sure ako kung ano dapat gawin nila at meron din naman ako nakukuhang mga tips..

pero hindi maganda paint job sa toyota balintawak north.. yung left fender namin na pinapukpok lang eh within 3 months lobo na.. naka tatlong backjob sila sa isang simple fender lang.. pati ngayon eh halata mo na repaint pa din after 1 year .. pero yung mga replaced parts like yung hood at right fender eh okay naman at parang hindi napalitan...

pinaka worst experience ko eh toyota manila bay.. ang pangit ng service nila.. kahit nandun na ako at nanonood eh hindi pa din maganda service nila..

sa toyota makati.. no experience yet sa PMS.. yung 1K PMS eh change oil/filter lang naman kaya hirap sabihin kung or hindi.. matagal lang sila sa warranty repair..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Toyota's Thunder Service sucks. And it sucks bigtime. From the receptionist to the mechanic. And everyone in between. And I'm talking about Toyota Pandacan.

Once, I inquired about some services that I wanted done on a 98 RAV4. Kausap ko yung receptionist. Parang tinatamad siya at ayaw niyang ipagawa. Dalhin ko na lang daw sa casa which was beside the Thunder Service bay. Oks ba 'yon? In any case, I walked to the casa and inquired about the service. They told me that I would have to leave the SUV for at least one night. And the price they quoted was pretty shocking.

Dinala ko na lang sa paborito kong mekaniko ang RAV4. Masaya pa ako.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Thunder service