New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ayan carlo masaya ka na dahil nakakita ka na ng Altis na taxi.Hehehe.Ang lupit naman nila ginawa nilang taxi ang Altis..Nakakita na rin ako niyan sa sucat rd sa may lopez wala pang plate..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, meron nang few Innovas na ginawang taxi. Tapos AFAIK, pinagbawal na lang ng Toyota gawing taxi yung whole line-up nila altogether, including the Vios. Gusto kasi nila maging 'prestigious', tapos ang pwede lang gawin na taxi ay yung upcoming Avanza.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ... Sa tingin ko tama lang na Altis or any other bigger cars ang gawing taxi sa Pinas..
    Riding passegers deserve a better car for the amount they pay when riding a taxi.

Like in Europe karamihan nung taxi is Mercedez Benz or in Singapore nakakasakay ka paminsan-minsan sa Chedeng. That's nice(at least for me) kasi can't afford akong bumili nung mga ganung klaseng kotse but since me taxi na ganun... mararanasan ko din kung ano ang pakiramdam na sumakay sa isang "luxury" car.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Some random thoughts:

*The Innova's I have seen them being used for those "garage service" and no taxis so far. They used the "J" variant.

*Altis "J" taxis, I have seen quite a handful of them on the road. But with the soaring acquisition costs, I doubt if it will ever replace the majority of aging taxi fleets on the road.

*The most common new taxis are the Vios "J" in Silver, Blue or White. I havent seen a "flaxen red" Vios "J" made into a taxi, yet. I have also seen quite a few Vios "E" as taxis also.

*I have seen a Kia Rio being used as a taxi. The Optra is quite suitable for the taxi fleet service also.

*I dont want to see the Ford Focus being used as a taxi, ever! Even if its just their new 1.6L variant.

*In Singapore, they do have quite a number of Mercedes Benz E class being used as taxis. Current model (circa 2002 to present) and previous model (circa 1996 to 2001+) . But the most common taxis they have are the Toyota Crown, which incidentally is the same being used in Japan. The Crown's body is quite dated (early nineties design or even earlier) and as well as the interior which has a manual shifter only.

*The last time I was in Thailand, they Taxis they were using are the Toyota Corona (Excesior and previous model).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Cagayan de Oro. Daming Altis na taxi dun, hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i heard sa Cebu daming Taxi na Altis...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699
    dun ako bibilib pag innova ginawa taxi dito.

yun ang kakaiba
    May nakita na ako na Airport Taxi. Didn't see though the variant. Malamang J diesel.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    OT: last week, nakakita ako ng Vios 1.5G taxi sa Metropolitan Ave, Makati.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    maging "FX" kya ung innova??

ung innova police unit narin eh. saw one in QC.

its a white J variant

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    maging "FX" kya ung innova??

ung innova police unit narin eh. saw one in QC.

its a white J variant
    Its hard to tell, but I think the Innova would not be the successor to the "FX". Just the ingress and egress from the last row is enough to dissuade any taxi fleet operator.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Toyota Taxis (Altis / Vios / Innova)