New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi guys! Bago lang ako dito, great site! :D

May mga tanong lang ako tungkol sa toyota surf, hope you can help me..
    1. Anong engine gamit nito?
    2. Ano difference nya sa 4 runner? I see alot of them(4runner and Surf)and parang magkamukha naman sila...
    3. Maganda po ba interior? walang ingay or something..
    4. Parts availability? ok?
    5. And Good Buy po kaya ito?

thanks alot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madami po siyang engines (alam ata ni Hanson lahat).

4Runner po ang pangalan ng Surf sa America.

Interior is similar to a Toyota pick-up. Depende po sa edad at condition ng sasakyan kung maingay siya. Everything is gray kaya medyo boring tignan. Hehehe. Kung fibe

Pick-up truck parts usually work. Huwag lang RHD-specific part ang masisira (like some underchassis parts). Wala pong nabibili ng mga ganoon.

Depende po sa presyo at condition kung good buy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i read this somewhere (4x4 magazine, i think): the hilux surf is basically the prado drivetrain fitted with a lighter body for a sportier ride.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the 4runners before the latest one (which is derived from the new prado) were based on the tacoma pickup and not on the prado... yung previous gen 4runner ('96-'02) garnered excellent reviews for "an outstanding blend of off-roadability and on-road performance" or something like that...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    splerdu you are right the 4 runner is based on the prado, one difference is the chassis is stiffer in the prado.

the suspension of the prado, 4runner and tacoma in the front which is the double wishbone with coil spring is the same for the three. even their engines the 3.4 v6 are the same.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Engine varies: may diesel at turbo. Pero most diesels I've seen from auction vehicles are turbo EFIs.

2.Just like as OTEP says they are one and the same.

3. On the interior, katulad siya ng sa Hilux with minor differences in some amenities depending on a high end or low end model. Kung brand new siya syempre matino at walang ingay pero sa auctions ay swertehan. :lol:

4. Parts availability is good except for some models whose engines were not formally introduced by Toyota Motors Philippines.

5. If you are buying brand new then definitely one of the best buys. Sa auctions naman kung sariwa ay pwede na rin. :P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much ang surf sa auctions ngayon?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    older versions nasa around P300k - P350k yata... the newer ones, yun daw yung may 1KZ yata na engine, same engine ng Prado, lampas ng P500k...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ok thanks. The surf im askin about is the one on the 350K range.
    Ok kaya to pang long driving, kse gagamitin to mostly papunta province.
    Thanks alot sa lahat ng sagot!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ingat lang sa conversions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota Surf question.....