New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    as claimed by manufacturers, Synthetic oil will provide better protection but will not really extend the oil change interval that much (10K kms). The limiting factor is the oil's saturation point where it can no longer absorb dirt particles from the engine. At this point, the oil will not be able to clean the engine properly. It is more resistant to breakdown though and is less likely to form sludge (sana nga - coz I use synthetic). I also hope that this SLUDGE problem is mainly due to poor maintenance, at least I'm quite sure my Toyota will not have this as long as I have it serviced regularly. Thanks for the inputs guys!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    how about long oil change intervals like more than 6 months, but mileage from last oil change is just 2k-3k kms? will that cause sludge too?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ^^ I do wish I could answer that question heads-up = ( We're probably seeking the same information. but, based on what i've so far, the duration and distance is just a means to estimate oil condition, cguro if you drive more in a stop and go traffic, or longer idling then its teh duration that should be used instead of the distance.

- or if you drive in a dusty area
    Last edited by an0nim0us; December 6th, 2005 at 01:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    umm how bout weekend cars that have very low usage...pero naka synthetic..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
TOYOTA Sludge problem?