New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    may nakita ako na ganun kanina sa edsa. hindi ako sure kung rav4 kasi hindi mukhang rav4. nagulat na lang ako nakita ko ito dito ngyn...i am 60% sure nga lang hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    7 seater pala yan.
    mukhang mas maliit
    siya sa rav4.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ang unang pumasok sa isip ko kanina sa edsa is grand vitara. napogian ko eh. nang nakita ko yun emblem nagtaka ako... "toyota?!"

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ang original specs nito eh 5 seater lang

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    parang mini-fortuner ah.... Maganda

Kaso yung gulong nasa likod na naman.....mananakaw na naman... Hindi ba pwede gayahin yung sa CRV na nasa loob

Kung below 1 million yan eh maganda alternative ito sa mga sedans....
    Probably because it's a body on frame chassis which doesn't permit the spare tire placed inside between the frame rails. The CR-V is a unibody which allows the spare to placed inside since there are no frame rails.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Yeah, from the looks of it, if this was brought here, it would directly compete with its own Avanza, Rav4 or even possibly the Innova. Besides, I checked the net and it looks like it was really a 5-seater. The 3rd row will probably be pretty tight. Maybe the 3rd row was just added to appease anyone who wanted a 7-seater?
    Agree. It's pointless to bring it here, especially with the Innova and Avanza already selling. Probably the only incentive would be the availability of a 4WD variant, but if I were Toyota, I would have groomed this one as THE new local cute-ute sensation, and completely do away with the already-bloated RAV4.

Besides, it looks more like a 5+2 rather than a full-on 7 seater.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 1st, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    I think hindi na... Ang dami na kasing 7 seater vehicles ang Toyota. No more room for this one.
    *drey, +1 ako dito... this might penetrate the Innova J and E sales lalo na the E was recently added with more flavors (gas M/T and A/T and diesel A/T). our fellow filipinos making the Innova might lose their jobs at the sta rosa plant since they will go for something that came from indonesia and not the philippines. but if TMPC will still release this model here, there must be a sensible reason- especially if it is the 4x4 version- the 1.5li engine will have to eke more power due to the additional weight! it looks good... its just that the avanza 1.5 G is good enough and serves its purpose- na!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ahh yes, the Rush. I saw it on Toyota's Japanese website a few months ago. Indeed it seems like a rebadged Daihatsu (Terios ba? I thought the Terios was a little smaller); the engine nomenclature follows the Avanza/Xenia's, which is named after Daihatsu's naming system.

Personally it looks like a junior version of the RAV4. I don't see it making inroads here though. Agreed, Toyota has too many SUV/ute models cannibalizing into each other's share.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    have seen this new rush in malaysia at cute sya. sa harap ay parang RAV4, side view ay mini-fortunner at susuki naman sa likod. pero too cramped sa 3rd row seats and no more space for cargo to boot.

price range i guess is between the avanza and innova... around 800k

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sana they will offer it here.

Its time for Toyota to play the niche market...but it would be wiser to use the Daihatsu badge.

The Jimny still sells...and with a hordes of people still driving the old Feroza and Vitaras, converted Pajero Junior and IOs....the Rush is a worthwhile "modern" alternative.

I hope the clamor is strong enough for consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Rush