New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 96 of 137 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1363
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    #951
    Mine is slightly rusted too. Isn't that the door sill scuff plate? I doubt you'd be able to find one as a spare part... Though if it's rusted, you can probably have the rust scrubbed off and then repainted.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    626
    #952
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Mine is slightly rusted too. Isn't that the door sill scuff plate? I doubt you'd be able to find one as a spare part... Though if it's rusted, you can probably have the rust scrubbed off and then repainted.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yes its a scuff plate. Had the same dilema before, and as what Sir GTi mentioned, it is hard to find a surplus spare. I did also the repainting, but applied the rust converter first before the epoxy enamel paint. It is still good up to this day.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2
    #953
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Yes its a scuff plate. Had the same dilema before, and as what Sir GTi mentioned, it is hard to find a surplus spare. I did also the repainting, but applied the rust converter first before the epoxy enamel paint. It is still good up to this day.
    Thank you all for your responses.

    I guess the best way about this is to de-rust and then re-paint.

    By the way, I checked images of door sill scuff plates. I think it refers to the plastic/rubber (or sometimes metal) thing that you attach to the "painted area of your door sill, so that the paint will not get scuffed by your shoes when you get in and out of the car.

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,767
    #954
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrickwall View Post
    Thank you all for your responses.

    I guess the best way about this is to de-rust and then re-paint.

    By the way, I checked images of door sill scuff plates. I think it refers to the plastic/rubber (or sometimes metal) thing that you attach to the "painted area of your door sill, so that the paint will not get scuffed by your shoes when you get in and out of the car.
    Door scuff plate din ang tawag dyan. Interior door scuff plate if you want to be more descriptive.

    Yung dinidikit naman sa painted part is exterior door scuff plate. Usually gawa ito sa stainless steel. Pero meron din gawa sa aluminum or rubber.

    Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    105
    #955
    Hi guys,

    I recently acquired a Revo 1.8 GLX gas. I was wondering to join the group and get ideas on my revo.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    626
    #956
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1131 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I recently acquired a Revo 1.8 GLX gas. I was wondering to join the group and get ideas on my revo.
    Congrats and welcome, Sir! You'll surely find lots of great ideas here!

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    #957
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1131 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I recently acquired a Revo 1.8 GLX gas. I was wondering to join the group and get ideas on my revo.
    Hi! And congrats on your new purchase! If you have the patience to go through the entirety of this thread, I'm sure you you'll be able to learn a lot of useful things just as I did. Have fun!

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    #958
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Congrats and welcome, Sir! You'll surely find lots of great ideas here!
    Hi, I need help. I recently went to Rey's Electrical Repair Shop to have my temp gauge fixed. I started seeing the Check Engine Light sign since last week and a few days after my temp gauge just went straight to H upon ignition. The guys from Rey's said they can't fix it because it's the computer box that has a problem. The even told me to go to G6 in Banawe, hopefully I could get a replacement there for the computer box.

    Anyone here who's had the same problem? Do you have any suggestions where I could purchase a computer box? Is it possible to just have it fixed instead of getting a replacement?

    My Revo is 2003 GLX 1.8. by the way.

    Thanks!

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,767
    #959
    Pa-scan mo sa casa para alam kung ano problema. Baka naman yung water temp sensor (engine coolant temp sensor) ang may sira kaya diretso sa H. Hindi naman overheat ang Revo mo?

    Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by red_one; July 12th, 2016 at 06:48 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    #960
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Pa-scan mo sa casa para alam kung ano problema. Baka naman yung water temp sensor (engine coolant temp sensor) ang may sira kaya diretso sa H. Hindi naman overheat ang Revo mo?

    Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    I actually went to Toyota to have it checked and they told me that the computer box is an old model and they don't have the tools to check it.. Their plan to is to manually check it, meaning isa-isa. I decided to pull-out the Revo and just look for another shop since diagnosis alone would take 2-3 days.

    The thermostat has been changed pero ganun pa din status ng gauge. I also had the radiator checked and fixed (they removed the thermostat since hindi naman daw yun importante dito sa Pinas dahil sa malamig na lugar lang daw sha nagagamit) and sabi nila okay na daw, no reason for it to overheat. Sa Rey's Auto Electrical Shop, they told me na hindi naman mag-o-overheat yung makina, it's just that the gauge is still broken. But

    Honestly, I wasn't sure if it's true na wala ng pangcheck ng old computer boxes yung casa na pinuntahan ko or if it was just an excuse.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details