New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 117 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1441
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    replacing all fluids on a newly-purchased vehicle is a safe way to go.
    but it still would not compensate for a defective part.
    That is the dilemma in buying a second hand vehicle, more like a gamble. Heck even brand new one's have these lemon issue, what more in a second hand. I don't say its not safe to buy second hand cars, but a good overall maintenance check (and replacement of all fluids) prior a long and stressful journey will do wonders than doing less at all.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    engine oil and coolant yes. left right now is atf and gear oil. What caused my bearing failure is the clogged oil pump suction strainer causing insufficient circulating oil in the engine. Add to that I believe the previous owner observed that the oil warning light in the dash kept on which made him believe that the original pressure sensor was faulty and replaced it with a non oem sensor giving false pressure signal even though there's not enough oil pressure in the engine.

Sent from my F5321 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I even replaced my throttle body assy with throttle position sensor which greatly improved fuel effeciency from 4-5 km/l to 7-8 km/l.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gtdni_revo View Post
    engine oil and coolant yes. left right now is atf and gear oil. What caused my bearing failure is the clogged oil pump suction strainer causing insufficient circulating oil in the engine. Add to that I believe the previous owner observed that the oil warning light in the dash kept on which made him believe that the original pressure sensor was faulty and replaced it with a non oem sensor giving false pressure signal even though there's not enough oil pressure in the engine.

Clogging usually caused by oil sludge, which eventually have been caused by poor oil changes. Sorry to hear your experience, Sir. Just think of it as a learning point, and though trouble have been experienced, it is still comforting to know that at least your vehicle now is in Tip Top condition already. Parang bago na uli!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I even replaced my throttle body assy with throttle position sensor which greatly improved fuel effeciency from 4-5 km/l to 7-8 km/l.

That is good to know, Sir. By the way, that car, if properly maintained is bullet-proof!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Yes. Actually before I purchased revo, I was really duscouraged by many people, they kept on telling me why a revo?, why second hand? "sakit sa ulo lang yan"...here are my reasons: first, I dont want another monthly payment as im still paying for my house. Second, I need a vehicle that is so easy to maintain. Third, I want a utility vehicle. Fourth, it has to be automatic as my wife does not want to drive a manual due to heavy traffics. Last, was my limited budget. Its the revo that has fitted perfectly in my options. I was able to leave the vehicle into my wife's care without any issues as I work abroad fir six months. I was able to prove the people who discouraged me that they were wrong to say that a second hand revo would be "sakit sa ulo". And for those who kept on comparing revo's fuel consumption to a newer innova, please, understand first that the engine technology of revo and innova are very far abd woukd not be fair ro be compared at all.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    More power to all revo owners, God bless us all.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Guys, anyone has a copy of the owners manual for 2004 VX200?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes. Actually before I purchased revo, I was really duscouraged by many people, they kept on telling me why a revo?, why second hand? "sakit sa ulo lang yan"...here are my reasons: first, I dont want another monthly payment as im still paying for my house. Second, I need a vehicle that is so easy to maintain. Third, I want a utility vehicle. Fourth, it has to be automatic as my wife does not want to drive a manual due to heavy traffics. Last, was my limited budget. Its the revo that has fitted perfectly in my options. I was able to leave the vehicle into my wife's care without any issues as I work abroad fir six months. I was able to prove the people who discouraged me that they were wrong to say that a second hand revo would be "sakit sa ulo". And for those who kept on comparing revo's fuel consumption to a newer innova, please, understand first that the engine technology of revo and innova are very far abd woukd not be fair ro be compared at all.

The Revo's best qualities are still the widespread parts availability and cheap maintenance cost. It also still looks quite presentable if well maintained. Our diesel Revo is still there, currently with 137tkms. FC is around 7-9 city 12-14 highway, depending on traffic conditions and who's driving. Aircon is ice-cold (though it kind of smells like an old ref Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details). Now with more modern options, I'm never driving it out of town again though. Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Revo's best qualities are still the widespread parts availability and cheap maintenance cost. It also still looks quite presentable if well maintained. Our diesel Revo is still there, currently with 137tkms. FC is around 7-9 city 12-14 highway, depending on traffic conditions and who's driving. Aircon is ice-cold (though it kind of smells like an old ref Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details). Now with more modern options, I'm never driving it out of town again though. Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    The "old ref" smell can be removed by cleaning the (evaporating) cooling coil thoroughly with air con cleaning chemical. I was able to remove that smell from mine.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details