New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1441
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd advise against getting a gas Revo. Yes the 2.0 is more powerful than the 1.8. But even that has less power than even the typical modern 1.6 and consumes gas just as much as a similarly engined gas compact SUV which typically has at least 50 horses more.

Get the diesel. Its worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Sir GTi, I am aware of the Euro 4 regulations imposed by the DENR, however since we're in the Phils, I also know that the implementation is pretty much a crap . Though it may be implemented sooner, I think, I'm still pretty much bothered to get a conventional diesel (though I really want a Diesel), that is why I stick with the gas (as I still cannot buy a newer diesel). Would it still be safe to own an old diesel despite the new law? Yes, yes, they'd better dispose those PUV's and PUB's first, but I don't really know what will happen in the near future. I'm just troubled that if i'd buy one, then if the law is strictly implemented, my investment will be put to waste. Sorry if this is an OT. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Sir GTi, I am aware of the Euro 4 regulations imposed by the DENR, however since we're in the Phils, I also know that the implementation is pretty much a crap . Though it may be implemented sooner, I think, I'm still pretty much bothered to get a conventional diesel (though I really want a Diesel), that is why I stick with the gas (as I still cannot buy a newer diesel). Would it still be safe to own an old diesel despite the new law? Yes, yes, they'd better dispose those PUV's and PUB's first, but I don't really know what will happen in the near future. I'm just troubled that if i'd buy one, then if the law is strictly implemented, my investment will be put to waste. Sorry if this is an OT. Thanks!
    the law dictates on the sale of new diesel vehicles. it does not prevent the use of older diesels purchased earlier.
    there are other laws that put a maximum age of PU vehicles, regardless of engine type, beyond which, they may not be used as PU vehicles anymore. but they can still be used as private vehicles.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 14th, 2016 at 10:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the law dictates on the sale of new diesel vehicles. it does not prevent the use of older diesels purchased earlier.
    there are other laws that put a maximum age of PU vehicles, regardless of engine type.
    Thanks for the idea dr. d!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Buging_King View Post
    Yes sir D, basta ang sentra maalaga ka. Efficient, But lumalaki na kasi family and hindi na kasya sa sedan.

Yes, mga sir. Malakas nga sa gas ang VX200, pero depende na lang cguro sa apak. 2.0 engine so responsive unlike sa 1.8 na need mo apakan para makuha mo yung gusto mo.

On my sentra, max ko ng apak eh 3k rpm sa nlex sctex, minsan 3.5k rpm kapag inaatok. hahahhahaha.

Sana may feedback pa ako makuha sa mga vx200 users here sa TROC group.

Hoping for more feedback. :D
    The GLX has 94hp. The VX200 has 105hp. Your Exalta has 110hp. Yes they have more torque but not by much. According to posts here, the gas Revo's (all variants in general) get anywhere from around 4-6km/L city depending on traffic conditions and driving style. Our diesel Revo gets 7km/L worst case scenario. Short trips, bumper to bumper all that. Consider the P12/L lower diesel cost and the resulting fuel cost would be similar to a gas engine consuming 9-10km/L.

If I'm getting a Revo 2.0A/T, I might as well get a V6 SUV and enjoy the power while I'm at it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    The GLX has 94hp. The VX200 has 105hp. Your Exalta has 110hp. Yes they have more torque but not by much. According to posts here, the gas Revo's (all variants in general) get anywhere from around 4-6km/L city depending on traffic conditions and driving style. Our diesel Revo gets 7km/L worst case scenario. Short trips, bumper to bumper all that. Consider the P12/L lower diesel cost and the resulting fuel cost would be similar to a gas engine consuming 9-10km/L.

If I'm getting a Revo 2.0A/T, I might as well get a V6 SUV and enjoy the power while I'm at it.

Ang sakit naman nun. 4 - 6KM / L lang. Anyway, pang revo lang po kc budget ko, walang pang Innova na diesel.

Is there a way para mataasan pa yung 4-6km/l? bukod sa lite apak sa gas and no more than 3k rpm max revs.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not really... A 2.0 is a 2.0 no matter what you do. Unless you do highway driving all the time or move to the provinces.

Why don't you get the diesel Revo? If that is still too expensive then the diesel Adventure. If well maintained there won't be any smoke belching to be worried about.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Maski ba ipalinis ang intake manifold, Tappet adjustment, palit SP, change oil at AT fluid walang magagawa sa konsumo ng gas? Mga Sir

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Buging_King View Post
    Maski ba ipalinis ang intake manifold, Tappet adjustment, palit SP, change oil at AT fluid walang magagawa sa konsumo ng gas? Mga Sir
    Wala. Malakas talaga sa gas ang Revo. Period. You can't expect the Revo to give you the same mileage as a Corolla.

Kung gusto mo, sa highway mo lang idrive yung Revo para 10 km/L. Of course, pag ibang kotse dinrive sa highway nasa 15 km/L yan. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Wow, ang lakas pala talaga sa gas. Anyway I think yung 4-6km/li is sa Auto Transmission, yung Manual is parang 5-7 in city (malakas pa din talaga). Kung ganun, mas matipid pa pala yung 2.4li na Previa?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Maraming salamat sa input, kapag may magandang deal. Makakuha na, then ipa-maintenance na lang.

BTW, where to service especially yung pag correct ng mixture ng air gas via ECU? May nabasa ako sa mga previous post na sa Servitek Las Pinas pa.

Sa east side saan kaya? Pasig, Marikina and Rizal.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details