New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Does anyone know kung saan pwede magpapalit ng lights ng instrument panel? Mahina na kasi yung sa Revo namen. Although minsan na lang gamitin, iba pa din na bright ang ilaw kasi minsan di ko na nakikita kung anong level na ng gas pag gabi. Preferrably para near south areas (Las Pinas) yung shops.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mree View Post
    Does anyone know kung saan pwede magpapalit ng lights ng instrument panel? Mahina na kasi yung sa Revo namen. Although minsan na lang gamitin, iba pa din na bright ang ilaw kasi minsan di ko na nakikita kung anong level na ng gas pag gabi. Preferrably para near south areas (Las Pinas) yung shops.
    the makati evangelista guys can probably do it. at least, those who really know and not those on-the-job trainees...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Madali lang yan. They just open up the speedometer panel and replace the bulb. You can even have it replaced with LEDs if you want, for that optitron look. Mahirap talaga makita ang gauges natin sa gabi since the needles do not have backlighting...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    mga sir ano po recommended nyo na engine oil, spark plugs, hi tension wires sa revo natin 1.8 gas m/t

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pandacrack View Post
    mga sir ano po recommended nyo na engine oil, spark plugs, hi tension wires sa revo natin 1.8 gas m/t
    I've been using Valvoline XLD 20W-50 (mineral based only) for the longest time and its still good up to this date. I've tried the fully Synthetic blend and the improvement was not that significant. I've used both the NGK platinum and Denso Iridium, I'm now using the Iridium, but still there were no significant improvement in performance with the Iridium. I guess it would be the durability. I've changed my high tension wires to a Japan made (blue colored) tension wires (sorry I forgot the brand). Been using it for almost 3 years and so far it's still ok.

I guess our Revo's don't need those expensive PM supplies for it to run OK. Simple maintenance would do. Just do it regularly though.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX View Post
    As per revo owners manual, dapat at least RON95 yun gas. sa lahat ng Revo 1.8 ito (DLX, GL and GLX)
    yung revo 2.0 as (GSX and VX200) can use RON91 na mas mura..

Then sa E10, hindi compatible ang revo dito and is acknowledge by Casa. So napipilitan kami gumamit ng Blaza, pero most of the time eh XCS kasi wala naman minsan blaze dito sa province
    I'm desperate to find all the manuals for you newly acquired Revo 2000 GLX SPORTS RUNNER automatic with the three DVD screens. The car came without any. Can anyone help with copies, downloads or such?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I've been using Valvoline XLD 20W-50 (mineral based only) for the longest time and its still good up to this date. I've tried the fully Synthetic blend and the improvement was not that significant. I've used both the NGK platinum and Denso Iridium, I'm now using the Iridium, but still there were no significant improvement in performance with the Iridium. I guess it would be the durability. I've changed my high tension wires to a Japan made (blue colored) tension wires (sorry I forgot the brand). Been using it for almost 3 years and so far it's still ok.

I guess our Revo's don't need those expensive PM supplies for it to run OK. Simple maintenance would do. Just do it regularly though.
    Thanks for the input sir. sir pano naman malalaman kung nasa timing pa yung revo natin? kasi sabi ng mechanic self adjuster daw ang revo at hindi kelangan ituneup. so for maintenance ang pinaka tuneup ng revo is change oil, change oil filter, air filter, clean servo /intake etc. pati fuel filter pano machecheck kung palitin na?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dok49 View Post
    I'm desperate to find all the manuals for you newly acquired Revo 2000 GLX SPORTS RUNNER automatic with the three DVD screens. The car came without any. Can anyone help with copies, downloads or such?
    What is your email address? I have scan copy of Revo owners manual.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pandacrack View Post
    Thanks for the input sir. sir pano naman malalaman kung nasa timing pa yung revo natin? kasi sabi ng mechanic self adjuster daw ang revo at hindi kelangan ituneup. so for maintenance ang pinaka tuneup ng revo is change oil, change oil filter, air filter, clean servo /intake etc. pati fuel filter pano machecheck kung palitin na?
    Yung self adjuster is sa Valve Tappet lang, Hydraulic na kasi yun kaya no need to adjust. Pero yung sa ignition timing pwede maadjust, although bihira lang naman ito ginagalaw, mas maganda kung matingnan na din, gamit ang timing light. Yung fuel filter located ito sa ilalim ng drivers side, bale steel casing sya kaya di mo makikita kung madumi na. Worst case kung barado na yun, e mawawalan ng power o pupugak na makina mo. Kung ako sayo, wag mo na hintayin yung signs na yun kasi masama sa makina, ako normally every year ako nagpapalit.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I was in the same shoes before, but ended up choosing the Revo. Here are some of my previous observations:

1. Build quality, mas maganda ang Revo
    2. Body Durability, mas matibay kaha ng Revo. Adventure has rust prone areas
    3. Suspension, mas matibay ang Revo.
    4. Engine (Gas), Mas malakas ang Adventure. Durability, I can attest on the Revo as I have one (7Ke), plus timing chain pa. But matibay din naman Mitsu. Efficiency, I would go with Mitsu's 4G63
    5. Passenger capacity, parehas lang, pero mas malapad ang Revo kaya mas medyo maluwag
    6. Aircon, parehas din naman malamig

With your 250k budget, may makukuha kang SR, but make sure you bring a mechanic (a real mechanic) just to be sure. I got the GLX MT version only, which has the basic features I need. The SR has the cosmetic upgrades only. The VX on the other hand has a 2.0 liter engine. Better get the manual for efficiency and durability. I also did not get the Diesel as I have the same concern as yours, plus the Smoke belching issue which will occur in the diesel engine life.

There are so many bogus sellers, be wise and stay away if you're doubtful. One more thing, don't believe those who will say its "sasakyan na lang". Remember its a second hand vehicle, there will be something to repair or least be replaced.

You might also want to check the following: 1. Make sure the thermostat valve is intact and working, 2. Radiator clutch fan is still good, 3. Servo still works, the idle should go up if the AC has been turned On, 4. Clutch must be light. Hard clutch means the plates and the lining might be too worn already, or the hydralics are sticky, 5. Check the radiator water, its must be treated with a coolant, otherwise, the vehicle has not meticulously cared by the owner.

Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was in the same shoes before, but ended up choosing the Revo. Here are some of my previous observations:

1. Build quality, mas maganda ang Revo
    2. Body Durability, mas matibay kaha ng Revo. Adventure has rust prone areas
    3. Suspension, mas matibay ang Revo.
    4. Engine (Gas), Mas malakas ang Adventure. Durability, I can attest on the Revo as I have one (7Ke), plus timing chain pa. But matibay din naman Mitsu. Efficiency, I would go with Mitsu's 4G63
    5. Passenger capacity, parehas lang, pero mas malapad ang Revo kaya mas medyo maluwag
    6. Aircon, parehas din naman malamig

With your 250k budget, may makukuha kang SR, but make sure you bring a mechanic (a real mechanic) just to be sure. I got the GLX MT version only, which has the basic features I need. The SR has the cosmetic upgrades only. The VX on the other hand has a 2.0 liter engine. Better get the manual for efficiency and durability. I also did not get the Diesel as I have the same concern as yours, plus the Smoke belching issue which will occur in the diesel engine life.

There are so many bogus sellers, be wise and stay away if you're doubtful. One more thing, don't believe those who will say its "sasakyan na lang". Remember its a second hand vehicle, there will be something to repair or least be replaced.

You might also want to check the following: 1. Make sure the thermostat valve is intact and working, 2. Radiator clutch fan is still good, 3. Servo still works, the idle should go up if the AC has been turned On, 4. Clutch must be light. Hard clutch means the plates and the lining might be too worn already, or the hydralics are sticky, 5. Check the radiator water, its must be treated with a coolant, otherwise, the vehicle has not meticulously cared by the owner.

Good luck!
    Sir and mga gurus I've recently bought a vx200 2004 model. I have a question concerning 3. of above quote. Sa nabili ko kc always at start nasa 1300 rpm then pag nag init makina nasa 1000 rpm pag nag on na ng aircon 1300 goes down to 900 rpm at it remain there. Nag on nman yong thermostat ng A/C kc nag titick nman during use. Anu kaya ang problem if bumababa ang rpm during switch on ng a/C? Help naman po mga sirs. Thanx in advance.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details