New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 145 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Natest nyo na ba ang water temp sensor? This is connected to the engine just near the water hose of radiator. You can remove it and test with an ohmmeter.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Natest nyo na ba ang water temp sensor? This is connected to the engine just near the water hose of radiator. You can remove it and test with an ohmmeter.

Pinalitan na nila yung water temp sensor kasi nung tinest nila patay din yung part na yun. The check engine light is now gone, but nobody really fixed it. I probably just have to check my engine every now and then to check if the water level is still okay or if it's overheating.

Sir red_one sa tingin nyo ba it's safe to drive the Revo to Pampanga kahit sira ang gauge? Sabi ng mekaniko it won't overheat as long as the water level is always enough, but those wirings that affect the gauges, will they not short? Baka biglang umusok.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashra View Post
    Pinalitan na nila yung water temp sensor kasi nung tinest nila patay din yung part na yun. The check engine light is now gone, but nobody really fixed it. I probably just have to check my engine every now and then to check if the water level is still okay or if it's overheating.

Sir red_one sa tingin nyo ba it's safe to drive the Revo to Pampanga kahit sira ang gauge? Sabi ng mekaniko it won't overheat as long as the water level is always enough, but those wirings that affect the gauges, will they not short? Baka biglang umusok.
    what are you going to do? stop every few km at the nlex and see if your coolant level is still ok? or keep driving until steam vents out from the front? reservoir levels may still be normal, even as the radiator is already bone dry. monitoring engine overheat without temp gauge can be a tricky thing. and in the expressway, engine temps can go up so fast, just like that... heh heh.
    maybe it's not the sensor nor the cpu... have you had the sensor wires checked? baka lang putol ang isa...?
    "why remove thermostat? what thermostat do to you?" that thermostat is there for a reason. engines consume more fuel and spew out more pollutant, while cold. that thermostat enables the engine to heat up to normal working temperature faster, and helps save fuel. have them put back the thermostat, po.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what are you going to do? stop every few km at the nlex and see if your coolant level is still ok? or keep driving until steam vents out from the front? reservoir levels may still be normal, even as the radiator is already bone dry. monitoring engine overheat without temp gauge can be a tricky thing. and in the expressway, engine temps can go up so fast, just like that... heh heh.
    maybe it's not the sensor nor the cpu... have you had the sensor wires checked? baka lang putol ang isa...?
    "why remove thermostat? what thermostat do to you?" that thermostat is there for a reason. engines consume more fuel and spew out more pollutant, while cold. that thermostat enables the engine to heat up to normal working temperature faster, and helps save fuel. have them put back the thermostat, po.
    +1 on what Sir dr. d has mentioned. I myself have a GLX Revo and removing the Thermostat valve is a No-no. Yes, your engine is not efficient and warms longer without the thermostat. Add to it is the erratic idling. I suggest also using an OEM thermo for efficiency and durability.

Clarify lang Sir, did you encounter the actual overheat? or is it just the gauge, who happens to be in H position when you switch the ignition? If you haven't encountered the actual overheat, then it might just be the sensor or wiring issue, which I believe is not that critical as the wiring's are hooked from a fuse. There would also be no real threat of overheating as the problem is on the electrical side. If this is the case, the immediate replacement of the defective part, even the gauge, is a must so you can regularly monitor your actual temp.
    But if you did encountered the actual the overheat, then it's a different ball game. If you don't want to be bothered of another incident, then all of the mechanical's (Radiator, thermo-valve, clutch fan, Radiator cap, hoses, etc.) must be checked or replaced if found defective.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Hi sir, regarding the thermostat, they said hindi na pala gumagana and so I asked if it can be replaced. I kept the one they removed just so i can have it replaced if given the chance at meron akong reference in buying.

In checking the water level, yes I agree that it could get tricky given the fact that you need to stop every now and then to check the engine or the water level.

I'm just a bit confused right now as the check engine light has stopped showing and temp gauge has maintained to its level from C to below mid level. I hope it's true that the "reset" worked and the temp gauge is not giving me false data.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    +1 on what Sir dr. d has mentioned. I myself have a GLX Revo and removing the Thermostat valve is a No-no. Yes, your engine is not efficient and warms longer without the thermostat. Add to it is the erratic idling. I suggest also using an OEM thermo for efficiency and durability.

Clarify lang Sir, did you encounter the actual overheat? or is it just the gauge, who happens to be in H position when you switch the ignition? If you haven't encountered the actual overheat, then it might just be the sensor or wiring issue, which I believe is not that critical as the wiring's are hooked from a fuse. There would also be no real threat of overheating as the problem is on the electrical side. If this is the case, the immediate replacement of the defective part, even the gauge, is a must so you can regularly monitor your actual temp.
    But if you did encountered the actual the overheat, then it's a different ball game. If you don't want to be bothered of another incident, then all of the mechanical's (Radiator, thermo-valve, clutch fan, Radiator cap, hoses, etc.) must be checked or replaced if found defective.
    Hi Sir,

I didn't really encounter an overheat. But when they checked the Radiator, brown na yung tubig even after we had it drained a few days back. So they cleaned the radiator, checked and removed the thermostat and said it's not working anymore (it's not springing back as it's supposed to). Well, they said the thermostat has no use here since our country's always warm and it's just important in cold places, and I actually believed them.. Heheheh.. But i kept insisting if replacing it would be better and they said it's fine without it. But I could check some shops for a replacement and have it re-installed if you guys think that it's better to have it put back.

The gauge just hits the H upon ignition, so it seems really wrong. But after bringing it to Rey's, they said nag-reset sila so they're hoping that it would solve the problem. I hope it did because the CEL is not lighting up anymore and the temp gauge seem to be normal again.

Is it better to have it checked in G6 Banawe even if it seems okay now? I read somewhere here in tsikot (but in another thread) that G6 sells and repairs computer boxes (?).

Has anyone here had the chance to have their computer boxes repaired or replaced?

By the way, lady driver here and a newbie in this group.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi Sir,

I didn't really encounter an overheat. But when they checked the Radiator, brown na yung tubig even after we had it drained a few days back. So they cleaned the radiator, checked and removed the thermostat and said it's not working anymore (it's not springing back as it's supposed to). Well, they said the thermostat has no use here since our country's always warm and it's just important in cold places, and I actually believed them.. Heheheh.. But i kept insisting if replacing it would be better and they said it's fine without it. But I could check some shops for a replacement and have it re-installed if you guys think that it's better to have it put back.

The gauge just hits the H upon ignition, so it seems really wrong. But after bringing it to Rey's, they said nag-reset sila so they're hoping that it would solve the problem. I hope it did because the CEL is not lighting up anymore and the temp gauge seem to be normal again.

Is it better to have it checked in G6 Banawe even if it seems okay now? I read somewhere here in tsikot (but in another thread) that G6 sells and repairs computer boxes (?).

Has anyone here had the chance to have their computer boxes repaired or replaced?

By the way, lady driver here and a newbie in this group.
    If currently there's no CEL, then there's no need for a recheck. But if it lit's up again, then it needs the recheck. Yes, resetting sometimes do the trick, especially when an electrical component such as the Temp sender has been replaced.

BTW, never use tap water for your radiator. I recommend the pre-mix radiator coolant, such as with Prestone, it will keep your cooling system free from corrosion. Also, prior the filling of coolant, drain your existing radiator water with a Radiator Flush, so that you'll be sure that existing rust deposits will be flushed from the system. Just in case you need to add water, use distilled drinking water (eg. Absolute). Don't forget to install the thermostat!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Agree, always use coolant. May anti-corrosion kasi ito.

By the way, mas mura ang Toyota Super Long Life Coolant 50/50 Premix vs. Prestone Universal Coolant 50/50.

I had compared this before so sa casa na ko bumili ng coolant. Ready to use na yun. No need to add water.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi sir, regarding the thermostat, they said hindi na pala gumagana and so I asked if it can be replaced. I kept the one they removed just so i can have it replaced if given the chance at meron akong reference in buying.

In checking the water level, yes I agree that it could get tricky given the fact that you need to stop every now and then to check the engine or the water level.

I'm just a bit confused right now as the check engine light has stopped showing and temp gauge has maintained to its level from C to below mid level. I hope it's true that the "reset" worked and the temp gauge is not giving me false data.
    it seems, the temp sensor thingee is again back on track.
    observe na lang po.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Agree, always use coolant. May anti-corrosion kasi ito.

By the way, mas mura ang Toyota Super Long Life Coolant 50/50 Premix vs. Prestone Universal Coolant 50/50.

I had compared this before so sa casa na ko bumili ng coolant. Ready to use na yun. No need to add water.

Thanks for the tip Sir red_one, I'll try this!

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details