New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 91 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    btw,

when i notice temp is goin up.

il just turn off the aircon and temp goes back to normal...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    its the time of the year again!

were my revo diesel temp. starting to get high when stuck in trafik!!

i already change the radiator. still temp goes up.

waterpump looks ok.

any suggestion?

will putting aux fan at the front where the condenser help?

tia
    perhaps your current fan is slipping. does it need silicone refill?
    and, i am not sure, but do you have a fan shroud? is it still in place?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 7th, 2016 at 11:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps your current fan is slipping. does it need silicone refill?
    and, i am not sure, but do you have a fan shroud? is it still in place?

already added silicone oil to the clutch fan. did not help reduce heat..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    already added silicone oil to the clutch fan. did not help reduce heat..
    fan shroud in place?
    in that case, try the aux fan. i used a generic fan in my other, older ride, because the original aux fan was hideously expensive. 900 bucks plus labor. ok naman. lagyan mo ng thermostat control, para hindi laging uma-andar.

btw... is your coolant thermostat still working? baka kinalawang na at hindi na bumubuka nang ma-ige...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 7th, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    fan shroud in place?
    in that case, try the aux fan. i used a generic fan in my other, older ride, because the original aux fan was hideously expensive. 900 bucks plus labor. ok naman. lagyan mo ng thermostat control, para hindi laging uma-andar.

btw... is your coolant thermostat still working? baka kinalawang na at hindi na bumubuka nang ma-ige...

already replace new coolant and thermostat na..

sir yun aux fan ba pano ang airflow dapat to be effecient? if sa harap blow towards the direction of engine or palabas?

yun thermostat control san ilalagay?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    already replace new coolant and thermostat na..

sir yun aux fan ba pano ang airflow dapat to be effecient? if sa harap blow towards the direction of engine or palabas?

yun thermostat control san ilalagay?
    sa harap, para pa-buga ang fan at hindi pa-higop.
    you can piggy-back it to the compressor's thermostat siguro.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    its the time of the year again!

were my revo diesel temp. starting to get high when stuck in trafik!!

i already change the radiator. still temp goes up.

waterpump looks ok.

any suggestion?

will putting aux fan at the front where the condenser help?

tia
    Actually... Ours is doing pretty good in the past couple of weeks. No temp rising at all! Perhaps the thermostat valve has finally been opening properly du to excessive heat? Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details If you've been following this thread, you'd know all about my struggles with overheating. Uptil recently I still experience the temp gauge rising from the normal 35-40% to around 50-55% though not exceeding it, while in heavy city traffic. Have not had the opportunity to bring it out of town lately.

If you really want, installing an aux fan can help lower temperature and even help make the A/C cooler but really won't help much if you have an underlying problem. I've had one installed too.

You say the problem disappears if the A/C is turned off. Perhaps that is the culprit? Di kaya naghhigh pressure ang compressor mo?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTi; May 7th, 2016 at 08:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Actually... Ours is doing pretty good in the past couple of weeks. No temp rising at all! Perhaps the thermostat valve has finally been opening properly du to excessive heat? Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details If you've been following this thread, you'd know all about my struggles with overheating. Uptil recently I still experience the temp gauge rising from the normal 35-40% to around 50-55% though not exceeding it, while in heavy city traffic. Have not had the opportunity to bring it out of town lately.

If you really want, installing an aux fan can help lower temperature and even help make the A/C cooler but really won't help much if you have an underlying problem. I've had one installed too.

You say the problem disappears if the A/C is turned off. Perhaps that is the culprit? Di kaya naghhigh pressure ang compressor mo?

sir, ano na mga napaayos nyo sa revo so far? pano ko malalaman if nag hihighpressure yun compressor?

recently nag palit ako ng O ring ng compressor. and put new oil inside compressor. so far ang sabi ng technician makinis pa inside ng compressor ng aircon.

ang mga napagaw ko na:
    - change radiator
    - new coolant
    - put silicon oil sa clutch fan
    - change thermostat pero nilagyan ng 3 holes nung mechaniko.

next planning to put aux fan and change waterpump.

thanks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sir, ano na mga napaayos nyo sa revo so far? pano ko malalaman if nag hihighpressure yun compressor?

recently nag palit ako ng O ring ng compressor. and put new oil inside compressor. so far ang sabi ng technician makinis pa inside ng compressor ng aircon.

ang mga napagaw ko na:
    - change radiator
    - new coolant

thanks
    Seems like you've done almost everything, Sir. 'Di kaya blowby na, Sir? Yung Revo kasi before ng isang agency namin ganun din, ginawa na lahat pero panay overheat pa din. Nung inoverhaul, tsaka lang umayos. I hope hindi yun yung case nyo Sir. Goodluck

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

ang mga napagaw ko na:
    - change radiator
    - new coolant

thanks
    Go to an aircon shop and have them check the pressure. Sabi lang nagooverheat, tingnan kung naghhigh pressure, dapat alam na nila yan.

Napakadami na ng pinaltan ko na related sa overheating... Napalitan na ang radiator ko a few years ago due to a frontal collision. Pinalitan ang thermostat valve, thermoswitch and radiator hoses. Hindi pinalitan ang water pump because they were adamant that it was working fine since there were no leaks at all. Nung napalitan ang radiator sa aksidente, kasama na ang fan at syempre replacement brand lang. Malambot at manipis pala nahalata namin, so pinalitan ng original Toyota, dun narin dinagdagan ng aux fan sa harap ng condenser. Sa huli binuksan ang block at pinalitan ang head gasket at valve cover gasket along with several oil seals. By that point nagooverheat na kasi siya kaagad after just a few kilometers on the road. Not sure kung kumpleto ang salaysay ko, if you backread, you'd see all the hurdles I had to go through to keep the Revo in running condition. Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details