New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    guys, patulong sa problem ng car ko..

if im stuck sa traffic like 40mins or more without moving at naka bilad sa araw. tumataas ang temperature!

but if i turn off the aircon. babalik naman sa normal.

what could be the culprit?

already change:
    -radiator cap
    -actuator valve (thermostat)
    -add silicon oil to the clutch fan
    -overhaul the radiator (not sure kung maayos ang gawa)

ok naman sya pag normal weather not summer. na experience ko din to last year summer. after that ok naman na. yesterday again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if im stuck sa traffic like 40mins or more without moving at naka bilad sa araw. tumataas ang temperature!

already change:
    -radiator cap

ok naman sya pag normal weather not summer. na experience ko din to last year summer. after that ok naman na. yesterday again.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post

already change:
    -radiator cap

already change:
    -radiator cap

try installing an auxiliary fan. if you already have one, maybe you need a stronger one..?
    but check first if your aux spins in idling traffic..
    i had the same problem in my 71 liftback. the aircon guy simply installed an aux fan..

already change:
    -radiator cap

already change:
    -radiator cap

try installing an auxiliary fan. if you already have one, maybe you need a stronger one..?
    i had the same problem in my 71 liftback. the aircon guy simply installed an aux fan..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sir thanks for the feedback...

kaya im thinking magpalagay ng load plus dahil bagsak ang likod.

check bnew lift spring cost only 2,200 per side. ano mas advisable?
    It was the same dilemma encountered by my bro as he's used to load too much stuff in his ride. He first thought of putting additional leaf but it would entail harder suspension, thus the harder ride. He ended using the Load Plus which is a balance between original comfort and added load capability. But I guess in term of rigidity, the additional leaf will last long versus the LoadPlus. Go for what suits you best.

sir thanks for the feedback...

kaya im thinking magpalagay ng load plus dahil bagsak ang likod.

check bnew lift spring cost only 2,200 per side. ano mas advisable?
    It was the same dilemma encountered by my bro as he's used to load too much stuff in his ride. He first thought of putting additional leaf but it would entail harder suspension, thus the harder ride. He ended using the Load Plus which is a balance between original comfort and added load capability. But I guess in term of rigidity, the additional leaf will last long versus the LoadPlus. Go for what suits you best.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [QUOTE=alx;2529027]guys, patulong sa problem ng car ko..

already change:
    -radiator cap

+1 on what Dr. d has recommended. My Revo's A/C is religiously cleaned and maintained. Clutch fan is in tip top condition too. But with the recent summer temp (very high as compared to previous years), especially when you're stuck in traffic for a very long time, the AC seems to deteriorate. My dilemma is this, given the Revo's radiator and evaporator installations, installation of an auxiliary fan is i think impossible as there are no space already. I'm thinking of installing a variable fan, same as what's installed in a vios, but it would entail too much work.

[QUOTE=alx;2529027]guys, patulong sa problem ng car ko..

already change:
    -radiator cap

+1 on what Dr. d has recommended. My Revo's A/C is religiously cleaned and maintained. Clutch fan is in tip top condition too. But with the recent summer temp (very high as compared to previous years), especially when you're stuck in traffic for a very long time, the AC seems to deteriorate. My dilemma is this, given the Revo's radiator and evaporator installations, installation of an auxiliary fan is i think impossible as there are no space already. I'm thinking of installing a variable fan, same as what's installed in a vios, but it would entail too much work.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011

already change:
    -radiator cap

already change:
    -radiator cap

If ok auxiliary fan, radiator, at engine mo, the culprit might that your A/C system is developing high pressure due to too much refrigerant or freon in your system. Pag mataas pressure sa A/C system mo, hirap yung compressor mo paikutin yung freon especially when you are stuck in a traffic during hot days (also, pressure is directly proportional to temperature). Pacheck mo na lang sa magaling na AC tech ang A/C mo. Kung accessible sa iyo and RFC Molino sa Bacoor, Cavite, I could recommend an an excellent A/C shop in the area.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nolicorpuz View Post
    If ok auxiliary fan, radiator, at engine mo, the culprit might that your A/C system is developing high pressure due to too much refrigerant or freon in your system. Pag mataas pressure sa A/C system mo, hirap yung compressor mo paikutin yung freon especially when you are stuck in a traffic during hot days (also, pressure is directly proportional to temperature). Pacheck mo na lang sa magaling na AC tech ang A/C mo. Kung accessible sa iyo and RFC Molino sa Bacoor, Cavite, I could recommend an an excellent A/C shop in the area.
    thanks for the reply sir!

this would be a totally different approach.. never thought of the aircon could be the culprit.

last year my aircon was not working properly due to not enough freon but still the temp. of my revo still goes up when stuck in traffic.

but il still have my aircon check.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post

sir, after installing load plus tumaas ba lift ng revo sa likod?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

dr. d, this is my first option sana pero remedy lang sya..

im thinking to change the radiator to evercool sana baka kasi barado na sa loob at hindi na nag flow properly yun water. baka rust is one of the reason din kasi. what you think?

or change the water pump first?? havent tried this pa.. pero sabi ng ibang fren ko if this is the problem kahit hindi naka aircon or mainit tataas daw agad ang temp pag sira ang waterpump.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

dr. d, this is my first option sana pero remedy lang sya..

im thinking to change the radiator to evercool sana baka kasi barado na sa loob at hindi na nag flow properly yun water. baka rust is one of the reason din kasi. what you think?

or change the water pump first?? havent tried this pa.. pero sabi ng ibang fren ko if this is the problem kahit hindi naka aircon or mainit tataas daw agad ang temp pag sira ang waterpump.
    well, you did say you already had the radiator cleaned.. and new radiators are expensive, and take considerable effort to replace.
    aux fans are cheaper and can be installed with significantly less fuss.. 1000 bucks can buy you one and finance the labor..

water pump? dunno..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Perhaps you can do some backreading about my overheating experiences in the past. It'll be great if the problem is only A/C related. You did say that the temp immediately came down upon shutting off the aircon? Installation of additional aux fan is feasible but would not solve the problem if the root cause is not taken care of. After all the car was able to survive for over ten years without one.

I did install an aux fan and my A/C cooling was significantly improved. Overheating during extended idling was eliminated but temp still goes up upon extended high speed operation. All this was already after having replaced the head gasket and valve cover gasket. In the end, we had the thermostat valve removed altogether. Apparently, the temp at which it opens is too high.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details