New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 145 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i think that because the revo was designed to be a workhorse vehicle, it is common for these vehicles to be "driven to the ground". hence the "sakit ng ulo" reputation, true or otherwise.
    but if the vehicle was not abused by its owner, it should be a good buy. i know of revos that have served their owners well thru the years.. matibay siya.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, but that's because it's old. You may have to replace quite a lot of things, but the same goes for any similar vehicle of the same vintage, with the same amount of usage. Our Revo has had quite a lot of repairs in the last two years or so, almost all of which you'd find in this thread. The latest fix done was a leaking alternator hose (750) a frayed power steering belt (400), and a faulty power window switch (ordered from Toyota casa for 4100! )all done during an oil change at 117tkms.

The Revo is a very practical workhorse vehicle. I find having a good balance of the good qualities of the Adventure and Crosswind. It is by no means a headache vehicle, at least not any more than most cars out there.
    Last edited by GTi; March 30th, 2015 at 11:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    This happened to me sa corolla car ko. Nagpalit din ako cluct master ko pero umuulit yung problema pag umiinit na yung engine. So ako na ang nagdecide para palitan sa shop yung secondary clutch (original repair kit ang binili ko sa Cruiser Sucat), After mapalitan yung secondary, parang nagdahilan lang yung car.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaae86 View Post
    Guys, sa inyo ko po ito itatanong kasi kayo po mismo mga naka-revo, praktikal pa po ba kung kukuha po ako ng 2nd hand revo? marami po talaga nagdidiscourage sakin sakit lng daw po sa ulo. Gusto ko po sana makarinig ng mga comments and suggestions mula sa inyo. Maraming salamat po and more power to revo owners...
    I bought my revo SRJ A/T 2001 model in June 2011. Since second owner na ako, pinalitan ko lahat ng fluids and performed minor adjustments like wheel balancing and wheel allignment. After that, puro regular mainenance na lang like change oil, filters, and spark plugs.

Very easy to maintain ang revo and mura ang basic parts nya kaya cheap ang maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotaae86 View Post
    Guys, sa inyo ko po ito itatanong kasi kayo po mismo mga naka-revo, praktikal pa po ba kung kukuha po ako ng 2nd hand revo? marami po talaga nagdidiscourage sakin sakit lng daw po sa ulo. Gusto ko po sana makarinig ng mga comments and suggestions mula sa inyo. Maraming salamat po and more power to revo owners...
    I bought my revo SRJ A/T 2001 model in June 2011. Since second owner na ako, pinalitan ko lahat ng fluids and performed minor adjustments like wheel balancing and wheel allignment. After that, puro regular mainenance na lang like change oil, filters, and spark plugs.

Very easy to maintain ang revo and mura ang basic parts nya kaya cheap ang maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    All 2nd hand vehicles has the probability of breaking down, reasons are as stated above by our experts. Even on brand new vehicles, sometimes you're still not spared. I bought a 2nd hand Revo a year ago, yes I did cash out on some repairs but after I fixed all of them, parang brand new na din. Drive, gas up, and maintain na lang. Good news about the Revo is that is seems it is the best as compared to other AUV's of its age

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Good news about the Revo is that is seems it is the best as compared to other AUV's of its age
    Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.

Good news about the Revo is that is seems it is the best as compared to other AUV's of its age
    Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    QUOTE=red_one;2515785]Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[

Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Revo was the top selling vehicle (all category) from 1999 to 2004). When it was eventually replaced by the Innova, Revo was still the number one selling vehicle. Maybe there's a reason why during its time, Revo was the number one selling car.

QUOTE=red_one;2515785]Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[

Agreed. Do remember that the Revo what the top seller AUV of its time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Revo was the top selling vehicle (all category) from 1999 to 2004). When it was eventually replaced by the Innova, Revo was still the number one selling vehicle. Maybe there's a reason why during its time, Revo was the number one selling car.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    hi, anyone tried load plus for lift spring in their revo?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I haven't tried it with my Revo. But my brother who owns a Sportivo says it improved the loading capability of his ride. In terms of ride comfort, it did not affect much as there were only very little amount of stiffness felt as compared to without the usage of Load plus. Plus, "hindi na bumabagsak yung suspension pagkinargahan ng madami".

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I haven't tried it with my Revo. But my brother who owns a Sportivo says it improved the loading capability of his ride. In terms of ride comfort, it did not affect much as there were only very little amount of stiffness felt as compared to without the usage of Load plus. Plus, "hindi na bumabagsak yung suspension pagkinargahan ng madami".
    sir thanks for the feedback...

kaya im thinking magpalagay ng load plus dahil bagsak ang likod.

check bnew lift spring cost only 2,200 per side. ano mas advisable?

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details