New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bossky View Post
    Bossing, may I ask where did you have the valve cover gasket replaced and how much did it cost? I have to replace them in my unit also. Thanks in advance.

Any recommended 'talyer' in Alabang area?
    Sorry di ko natago ang resibo kaya di ko na alam kung magkano ang paisa isa. That repair job cost 12500 if I remember correctly. Includes replace head gasket, valve cover gasket, oil seal, thermoswitch, change oil, radiator cleaning and fan clutch silicon oil refill. The replaced parts are still there somewhere.

Taga QC kami, hindi ako familiar sa Alabang area. Nagpagawa ako sa A1 along Del Monte Ave. corner D. Tuazon St.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sorry di ko natago ang resibo kaya di ko na alam kung magkano ang paisa isa. That repair job cost 12500 if I remember correctly. Includes replace head gasket, valve cover gasket, oil seal, thermoswitch, change oil, radiator cleaning and fan clutch silicon oil refill. The replaced parts are still there somewhere.

Taga QC kami, hindi ako familiar sa Alabang area. Nagpagawa ako sa A1 along Del Monte Ave. corner D. Tuazon St.

sir,

im having overheating problem too. bought my revo 2nd hand diesel gl.

if weather is too hot with aircon on the temp will go up. but if the aircon is turned off temp will go back to normal.

according to the 1st owner the radiator was already overhauled. when i check the thermostat it was already remove so i put a new one. will have the clutch fan silicon oil refill on monday. hopefully this works.

just incase it didnt improve any suggestion what to do next sir?

did you change the water pump?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    sir,

im having overheating problem too. bought my revo 2nd hand diesel gl.

if weather is too hot with aircon on the temp will go up. but if the aircon is turned off temp will go back to normal.

according to the 1st owner the radiator was already overhauled. when i check the thermostat it was already remove so i put a new one. will have the clutch fan silicon oil refill on monday. hopefully this works.

just incase it didnt improve any suggestion what to do next sir?

did you change the water pump?
    The overheating problem is not yet fully solved. As of now, mukhang same problem tayo. Kapag tumagal sa tanghaling tapat iinit. I've put this off for a long tine because I use the car usually during early mornings and late afternoons. It's been rainy lately so very little chance to overheat.

When I have time I'd like to have the fan checked. I'm thinking whether a bigger or additional fan would work.

They insisted that my water pump is functioning properly.

Perhaps you can check the hoses if there are leaks. Or, if all else fails, it's probably a head gasket problem like mine.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Had the same overheating problem with my Revo diesel. Had radiator overhauled, add coolant and finally changed the clutch fan. So far so good.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Had the same overheating problem with my Revo diesel. Had radiator overhauled, add coolant and finally changed the clutch fan. So far so good.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

how much inabot ng new clutch fan?

had mine added silicon oil. so far so good. lumakas naman ang ikot ng fan. crossing my fingers sana ok na.

i will be replacing my timing belt. should i buy original tensioner and idler bearing?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    how much inabot ng new clutch fan?

had mine added silicon oil. so far so good. lumakas naman ang ikot ng fan. crossing my fingers sana ok na.

i will be replacing my timing belt. should i buy original tensioner and idler bearing?
    Original is always better. Don't know about the price of the clutch fan, haven't changed mine, just refilled it.

I had mine examined again today. A1 said there was nothing wrong with the engine itself and told me to go to a carwash and have them spray the fins of the radiator with a high pressure hose. It seemed to have worked. Tried out high speed runs of upto 90km/h shifting at 3500-4000rpm, then idling for long periods under noonday heat, and finally going through Tondo/Binondo Manila traffic all the while with aircon up to maximum. Temp gauge didn't even budge. Really hope this is the end of it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Original is always better. Don't know about the price of the clutch fan, haven't changed mine, just refilled it.

I had mine examined again today. A1 said there was nothing wrong with the engine itself and told me to go to a carwash and have them spray the fins of the radiator with a high pressure hose. It seemed to have worked. Tried out high speed runs of upto 90km/h shifting at 3500-4000rpm, then idling for long periods under noonday heat, and finally going through Tondo/Binondo Manila traffic all the while with aircon up to maximum. Temp gauge didn't even budge. Really hope this is the end of it.

sir when you added the silicon oil hindi ba lumakas ang fan?

double check if genuine silicon oil ang ginamit sa inyo.. lots of fake according to a friend who is into auto parts

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Main cause talaga ng overheating sa revo natin kapag hindi good condition yung radiator, kase yung design ng radiator magkatapat yung upper at lower hose, hindi tulad sa iba opposite kaya kailangan regular yung radiator cleaning at check lagi yung silicon sa fan.

Sa amin naman na overhaul na din last 6 months, yun lang naging cause kaya pina overhaul kase 3 beses nagoverheat dahil din sa negligence ng driver. almost 500k kms na after overhaul if i remeber correctly kase 4 times and then lapit na ulit magpalit Tbelt.Palit valves, piston ring at machine shop para sa liner pero yung piston niya orig pa din walang damage.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=double check if genuine silicon oil ang ginamit sa inyo.. lots of fake according to a friend who is into auto parts[/QUOTE]

errr... how is it checked, sir?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga sir ask ko lang paano baa linisin ung headlight assembly ng revo naten SR po ung revo ko 2005 model... Medyo maitim kc ung loob gsto ko sana DIY nalang ... Thanks

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details