New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 145 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrichard07 View Post
    Yung Toyota Revo po namin 1999 Sport Runner Gas M/T, mag 3 years na po sa amin, nabili ng nanay ko sa tiya ko. Nasa 95+T km na ang odo, eh last week binilhan ng bagong set ng tires pero same size at brand nung dating nakakabit. Bale 27x8.5R14 na Bridgestone D627 Dueler A/T, ang tanong ko lang po kasi eh since di naman pala alam ng mga tiya ko pati ng tatay ko na merong recommended tire size sa manual ng revo, eh sa pagbabasa ko dito sa forum at web, mukhang masyadong malaki etong mga tires na eto pero ayos naman ang takbo ng revo, yun nga lang napapaisip ako siguro gaya ng nabanggit ng iba, maaring inaccurate na yung odo saka parang may warning kasi sa manual regarding sa paggamit ng maling size ng tires.
    Salamat po.Tanong ko na rin po, nabasa ko kasi na mas mataas dapat ang tire pressure ng rear tires kesa sa front, eh nung sinukat ko gamit yung gauge, lahat ng wheels ay nasa 35psi ang pressure. Dun sa manual, 28psi sa front at 36psi ang rear, kaya lang po eh iba nga po ang size ng tires na eto kaya napaisip ako, ano kaya ang ideal tire pressure ng front at rear tires namin (27x8.5r14 or 216/76r14 in metric).
    Hi there! We have a 2001 Revo GLX diesel. I use 205/70/R14 (195/70/R14 stock size) GT Radial Classiro tires inflated to 38psi on all corners. I find this tire pressure great for heavy payload, and that it decreases the sluggishness of the car. With this tire size, I notice that the speedometer reading is almost the same as indicated by GPS. Also, the odometer moves in conjunction with the speedometer, so I believe my mileage is accurate. Perhaps you can try testing your speedometer reading alongside a GPS unit to gauge its accuracy.

I don't mind having upsized tires, as long as it is within reasonable limits. They give the benefit of improved ride quality, handling and a slightly higher ride height.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *johnrichard07: recommended upsizing is maximum +/- 2% difference in circumference. for 14" rims, stock tire is 195/70R14..

changing to 27/8.5R14 results in +8.8% difference in circumference (already too large)..
    - when speedometer reads 100 kph, you are actually travelling at 108.8 kph
    - when trip meter reads 1000 km, you actually traveled 1088.0 km

in comparison, changing to 205/70R14 results in +2.2% difference in circumference (so still acceptable)..
    - when speedometer reads 100 kph, you are actually travelling at 102.2 kph
    - when trip meter reads 1000 km, you actually traveled 1022.0 km

by the way, are you using your Revo off-road hence the A/T (All Terrain) tires??

with regards to tire pressure, there is max PSI rating marked on the tire sidewall. you can fill air between the recommended value in owner's manual and the max value marked on the tire, depending on your load.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    *johnrichard07: recommended upsizing is maximum +/- 2% difference in circumference. for 14" rims, stock tire is 195/70R14..

changing to 27/8.5R14 results in +8.8% difference in circumference (already too large)..
    - when speedometer reads 100 kph, you are actually travelling at 108.8 kph
    - when trip meter reads 1000 km, you actually traveled 1088.0 km

in comparison, changing to 205/70R14 results in +2.2% difference in circumference (so still acceptable)..
    - when speedometer reads 100 kph, you are actually travelling at 102.2 kph
    - when trip meter reads 1000 km, you actually traveled 1022.0 km

by the way, are you using your Revo off-road hence the A/T (All Terrain) tires??

with regards to tire pressure, there is max PSI rating marked on the tire sidewall. you can fill air between the recommended value in owner's manual and the max value marked on the tire, depending on your load.
    Hi bro! Do you use stock tires? What's the actual speed when the speedometer reading is at 100km/h? When I was driving a 2012 Isuzu IPV with my GPS, I noticed it's speedometer was reading around 5km/h more than the actual speed when registering at 100km/h.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hi bro! Do you use stock tires? What's the actual speed when the speedometer reading is at 100km/h? When I was driving a 2012 Isuzu IPV with my GPS, I noticed it's speedometer was reading around 5km/h more than the actual speed when registering at 100km/h.
    i recently changed tires from stock 195/65R15 to 205/65R15. now i have to account to +2.0% difference in circumference.

anyways, the speedometer, odometer and trip meters are factory calibrated to the stock rims/tires. if you are using stock, then whatever is displayed should be accurate data.

with regards to GPS, you also have to consider GPS error and inaccuracy unless you have a military-grade GPS device.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i recently changed tires from stock 195/65R15 to 205/65R15. now i have to account to +2.0% difference in circumference.

anyways, the speedometer, odometer and trip meters are factory calibrated to the stock rims/tires. if you are using stock, then whatever is displayed should be accurate data.

with regards to GPS, you also have to consider GPS error and inaccuracy unless you have a military-grade GPS device.
    2 % ?
    i think i can live with that..
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    to fellow Revo owners with 1RZ-E engine, confirm ko lang yung connection point ng NEGATIVE terminal for JUMP STARTING. based on the Owner's Manual, tama ba yung part na nilagyan ko ng arrow?

Last edited by red_one; June 19th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't have a revo. but i always connect the clips to the battery terminals. i find it less messy.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't have a revo. but i always connect the clips to the battery terminals. i find it less messy.
    nakalagay kasi sa owner's manual and articles i read online, never both clips on battery terminals because possible mag-spark and battery can explode. all say one clip on battery and one clip on body/chassis. just being cautious here.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Had the Revo serviced... Again. It's been having overheating problems lately. Have changed the radiator cap and hoses, thermoswitch and thermostat valve and performed radiator overhaul to no avail. At the end I had to replace the head gasket, valve cover gasket and an oil seal. Apparently oil and water have been mixing already. All this at a young age of 110tkms!

After fixing though, I've noticed a slight improvement in performance, and a significant improvement in gas mileage from ~7.5km/L city to 8.8km/L in my latest full tank.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nakalagay kasi sa owner's manual and articles i read online, never both clips on battery terminals because possible mag-spark and battery can explode. all say one clip on battery and one clip on body/chassis. just being cautious here.
    well, i wouldn't know about that. we've been doing it for decades.
    call me lucky.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details