New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart_seph View Post
    additional pala...just called toyota marikina, ang sabi iisa lang daw yung clutch lining & pressure plate? iba lang daw term ng iba...totoo ba yun? so ang sabi yung isa is clutch disk...nakakalito talaga......enlightment naman po mga idol...thanks
    the clutch disk and clutch lining.. both are loosely interchanged. technically, the friction lining is the clutch lining. It is similar to our brake lining, and is riveted or glued to the clutch disk or clutch plate, which is the metal frame.
    in rey031's diagram above, the clutch lining is that light brown material. it is attached to the grey metal round thingee, which is the clutch plate. although you can have the lining replaced, most of us will just replace the entire clutch disk. it's easier and takes less time.
    and as you can see, the pressure plate is an entirely different structure.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2014 at 01:19 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks sa mga inputs sir's!

just been to servitek marcos highway this morning.para makakuha uli ng another opinion.The verdict...kelangan na nga daw palitan yung Clutch disk,Pressure plate, & Release bearing(bakit kaya yung 3 lang?)...Yun lang nilagay.ask ko if pati yung Clutch master & secondary eh need na din,sabi hindi na daw. Pati yung gear oil.pwede pa daw yun kc wala naman tagas...Pero sa shell dami papalitan?...nwei,mukhang kelangan na pagipunan.medyo mabigat kc. ....sabi naman nila(Servitek, Petron,& Shell) pa-sliding palang.ok pa naman sya..kaso medyo lumakas talaga sa gas!...

thanks po uli!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

just been to servitek marcos highway this morning.para makakuha uli ng another opinion.The verdict...kelangan na nga daw palitan yung Clutch disk,Pressure plate, & Release bearing(bakit kaya yung 3 lang?)...Yun lang nilagay.ask ko if pati yung Clutch master & secondary eh need na din,sabi hindi na daw. Pati yung gear oil.pwede pa daw yun kc wala naman tagas...Pero sa shell dami papalitan?...nwei,mukhang kelangan na pagipunan.medyo mabigat kc. ....sabi naman nila(Servitek, Petron,& Shell) pa-sliding palang.ok pa naman sya..kaso medyo lumakas talaga sa gas!...

thanks po uli!
    i am not sure why the pressure plate. it's a very solid piece of metal... is it warped? are there grooves already? can it be re-faced at competitive cost?
    but the release bearing is usually replaced when the bell housing is opened. the reason is, the labor is much more expensive than the bearing. but you can always say no and keep using the current piece if it still "looks good". i have done it myself when i was younger and poorer, and the old bearing performed well for many more years..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am not sure why the pressure plate. it's a very solid piece of metal... is it warped? are there grooves already? can it be re-faced at competitive cost?
    but the release bearing is usually replaced when the bell housing is opened. the reason is, the labor is much more expensive than the bearing. but you can always say no and keep using the current piece if it still "looks good". i have done it myself when i was younger and poorer, and the old bearing performed well for many more years..
    dr.D, i recently pull down the transmission of our Kia Besta to replace clutch disc, pilot bearing and release bearing only, what I've done for the pressure plate and flywheel is refaced them at my friendly machine shop neighbor. (250 pesos each for reface)...and my van runs great again.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    dr.D, i recently pull down the transmission of our Kia Besta to replace clutch disc, pilot bearing and release bearing only, what I've done for the pressure plate and flywheel is refaced them at my friendly machine shop neighbor. (250 pesos each for reface)...and my van runs great again.
    i had a besta once. and when the clutch acted up, i opted to have everything replaced by the equivalent japanese brand. for mazda, i think. definitely mas mahal by 30-40% (i think), but the result was an unbelievably soft and easily controllable clutch pedal... doing bridge hanging was a breeze...
    but i am happy yours turned out well.
    btw, mura yang refacing mo, a!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010

thanks po uli!
    Hindi naman kelangan iyong master and slave ireplace kung wala namang sira doon, kung ok pa clutch pedal mechanism and linkage.

About engine performance, if you haven't had a PMS or tune-up, you can check/do the following:
    1. replace spark plugs
    2. replace air filter
    3. replace fuel filter and check fuel pump and fuel lines
    4. change engine oil and filter if wasn't done within schedule (try semi-synthetic or fully synthetic oil)
    5. have a shop with computer check the engine's timing/idle speeds and air/fuel mixture
    6. check if there are exhaust pipe leaks. my exhaust pipe and other owners I've read in this thread broke around 8+ yrs old life of our Revo
    7. check if there are any vacuum leaks in the air intake system (dunno about cleaning the MAF sensor, haven't experienced needing to do that)
    8. might as well check the timing belts' conditions while you're at it and have old cracked belts replaced
    9. maintain correct tire pressure na rin, affects FC

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    saan shop may bentang Depo head lights and tail lights for Revo?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    guys do you have an idea where can I source AT shifter for the gas revo. tia.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Where is the fuel filter located on our Revo? I can't seem to find it. Our's is a 2002 SR model, 2.0L Gas 1RZ-E engine. TIA.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010

thanks po uli!
    BTW, if your master and slave cylinders are still ok, check the appearance of their fluid. The fluid may already be dirty and may cause the slave cylinder to fail sooner rather than later. One preventive maintenance you can do is flush, replace and bleed the clutch (break) fluid from that system.

Might as well flush the brake system too if it's been more than 80T km without replacing those fluids.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details