New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 145 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    i don't have that kalampag naman, was just wondering why i'm not getting it after using it for many years already. your explanation on the suspension shed light on it, thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello fellow TROC members,

Hope you could help me out on this.

I own a Toyota Revo 99 GLX 1.8 EFI Gas Manual Tranny. Got it from my cousin who was its first owner. It registered 80+k when i got it.

I've been religious on the oil changes with my revo, been using it since 08, I just had another oil change last week.

After the oil change, I parked and didn't use it for a whole week.

I drove it yesterday and just realized that I've been having heavy emissions even while at high speeds. I checked on the emissions last night and it smelled like burnt oil.

I checked the dipstick and the oil indicator was in full even after starting the engine for 2 minutes.

Is there anything I need to be worried about?

Hope you could shed some light on this.

I often bring it to Petron UN Ave Service Center, they mentioned that maybe the valves and seals are the problem, and that overhauling is the option, though as of now, just regular oil changes will do.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mulan View Post
    Hello fellow TROC members,

Hope you could help me out on this.

I own a Toyota Revo 99 GLX 1.8 EFI Gas Manual Tranny. Got it from my cousin who was its first owner. It registered 80+k when i got it.

I've been religious on the oil changes with my revo, been using it since 08, I just had another oil change last week.

After the oil change, I parked and didn't use it for a whole week.

I drove it yesterday and just realized that I've been having heavy emissions even while at high speeds. I checked on the emissions last night and it smelled like burnt oil.

I checked the dipstick and the oil indicator was in full even after starting the engine for 2 minutes.

Is there anything I need to be worried about?

Hope you could shed some light on this.

I often bring it to Petron UN Ave Service Center, they mentioned that maybe the valves and seals are the problem, and that overhauling is the option, though as of now, just regular oil changes will do.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
    sir, try to check the ff:

1. while the engine is running, remove the oil filler cap, put your palm to cover and check if theres a burst of oil on your palm.
    2. while the engine is running, rmove the oil dip stick to check kung may parang gatas o namumuti kasama ng oil.
    3. before you start the engine, remove the radiator cap, start he engine. check the water while the engine is getting hot if there's a tiny bubbles it creates or just a normal overflow.

if you notice the above symptoms, consult your mechanic baka kelangan mo na mag top overhaul. pwede mo din ipa check o tune up ang car mo...i hope this help.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello and thanks for the abrupt reply Reactor sir, the mechanic already did so.

He put his palm on top of the opening and there wasn't any oil spitting out.

I've also checked the dip stick and found no trace of sedimentation other than new reddish oil itself.

I've yet to try the radiator cap though.

I've already flushed and changed the oil, replaced the oil filter, cleaned the air filter, the engine is chain driven so no more timing belt and gun right? radiator still has clear fluid inside, no rusting.

is there any other tune up i need to observe?Any other measures you could share with me to check? again, thanks. c",)

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Apologies, i was referring to fast/immediate/prompt reply. c",)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mulan View Post
    Apologies, i was referring to fast/immediate/prompt reply. c",)
    sir, our rev-o is self adjusting (valve) so if you will bring it for a tune up most likely they will just chec the spark plugs and timing.

you may still try to check the appearance of the water flow on your radiator if there's a tiny bubbles coming out once it gets hot because the normal is that the water will just overflow but not bubbly.

on my small car a few years ago, i ignore it then my mechanic thought me how and what to check finally my car was top overhauled then it save me money because only cylinder head gasket was replaced, valves were also cleaned and they checked the piston and its assy is still ok. until now my car is running smooth.

sometimes the problem has different signs and symptoms. did you try it checked at the casa then compare the findings with your trusted mechanic. if you live on the south, i can recommend a few shops
    in alabang.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello and good day Sir.

First of all, thank you for your below response. I live in central manila. Though I haven't been able to go to the casa yet.

I've rechecked it again after not using the car for 14 hours.

Prior to starting the engine, I checked the radiator and the water was clear. Checked on the dipstick, and oil registered to be at the exact F(full) line.

When I started the engine, I again opened the radiator cap to look if there were bubbles, after like 5mins, nothing, its only water ripples caused by engine vibration. I checked the engine oil cover and put my hand over the opening at about less than an inch high for 10 seconds, found around 15 specs of oil.

I already clocked in 120 kms since the change oil. kept on looking at my exhaust and there seems to be no more smoke.

Now my questions are:
    - What was that freaking smoke!?
    - Should oil be at the F level when the engine hasn't been ignited for half a day?
    - Was the tiny tilamsik specs of oil, which was around less than 15 specs/10 seconds normal?
    - how much did the overhauling cost you?when was it?how long did it took?was the car you had overhauled a 7k engine too??

Again, thank you for any response you might be able to share with me.

To fellow group members/ Revo owners, hope you could respond on the above, thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *mulan - hindi mo nabanggit kung ano ang color ng smoke sa exhaust mo.

blue - oil burning
    white - coolant burning
    black - air-fuel ratio and sometimes injector problems

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi Sir Ben,

As of now, I don't notice any smoke anymore, will look into it later this afternoon. Previously, it was i think bluish white, since i didn't put coolant in it, only water in the radiator, is it really necessary to put in 50/50 coolant and water? Also, i put my palm about 5 inches from the exhaust while a friend revs it up, the liquid tilamsik smells like engine oil instead of gasoline.:dunno:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    under observation mo nalang muna lalo na kung wala nang visible smoke.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details