New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    buti na lang na-settle na rin. tagal na rin yan 2009-2010.

talking about issues, lahat naman ng manufacturer nakaka-experience nyan. eto some examples..

Aston Martin Lagonda of North America (Aston Martin) is recalling certain model year 2008-2014 DB9 and V8 Vantage, 2009-2012 DBS, 2010-2012 Rapide, 2014 Rapide S, 2011-2012 V12 Vantage, 2011-2014 V8 Vantage S and 2012 Virage vehicles. Due to a manufacturing error, the accelerator pedal arm may break. If the accelerator pedal arm breaks, the engine will return to idle and the driver will be unable to maintain or increase engine speed, increasing the risk of a crash. Aston Martin will notify owners, and dealers will replace theaccelerator pedal assemblies. The recall began on February 11, 2014.

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Range Rover vehicles. In the affected vehicles, due to insufficient clearance, the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) connector located in the driver and front passenger side seat of the vehicle may become disconnected. If the connector becomes disconnected, the driver and/or passenger seat side air bag may not function. In the event of a crash necessitating side air bag deployment, the seat occupant is at an increased risk of injury.

Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chrysler 300 AWD, Dodge Charger AWD, and Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 vehicles equipped with ZF all wheel drive ("AWD") 8HP45 transmissions. In the affected vehicles, the transmission output shaft may fracture. The transmission output shaft fracture could result in a loss of power, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, if the parking brake is not applied before exiting the vehicle, the vehicle may roll away despite the transmission being placed in 'Park'.

General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD vehicles, equipped with 6.6L diesel engines and dual fuel tanks. In the affected vehicles, the transfer pump which moves fuel from the rear tank to the front tank could malfunction and cause the fuel gauge to indicate an inaccurate reading. If the fuel gauge indicates an inaccurate reading it may result in the vehicle unexpectedly stalling, increasing the risk of a crash.

Hyundai is recalling certain model year 2014 Santa Fe vehicles manufactured November 5, 2013, through November 15, 2013, and equipped with P235/65R17 103T Continental Crosscontact LX tires. The tires may have a damaged sidewall. The damaged sidewall may result in a separation between the belt edges which could cause tread detachment or rapid air loss, increasing the risk of a crash.

American Honda Motor Company (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2007-2008 Honda Odyssey vehicles manufactured August 8, 2006, through September 8, 2008. Due to a combination of system components and software, the Vehicle Safety Assist System (VSA) may apply the brakes unexpectedly. The vehicle may suddenly and unexpectedly brake hard, and without illuminating the brake lights, increasing the risk of a crash from behind.
    there are many more. you can download the full listing here. note this is for USA market and may or may not apply locally.

ODI - Office of Defects Investigation | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    toyota to pay $1.2 B fine for misleading customers re 2009-10 safety issues

Toyota to pay record $1.2 billion recall fine
    Ouch.... First choice ko pa naman ang Toyota. Pero in terms of pricing hindi comparable sa montero, toyota should change marketing strategy.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XploY View Post
    Ouch.... First choice ko pa naman ang Toyota. Pero in terms of pricing hindi comparable sa montero, toyota should change marketing strategy.
    Actually, the recall has nothing to do with the Fortuner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, the recall has nothing to do with the Fortuner.
    Ask ko lang sir, kasali ba yung toyota townace sa recall?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May townace pa ba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    laging icheck pati floor mats

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    If your car starts accelerating uncontrollably, shift into neutral and then use the brakes to slow to a halt. When Toyota (and Lexus) had recalls in 2009 on multiple vehicles for unintended acceleration, the deaths could have been preventable if the drivers knew how to stop a vehicle with a stuck throttle. One of these drivers was able to make a 911 call while his car was accelerating uncontrollably up to 120 mph on a crowded California highway.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by charlizesen1 View Post
    If your car starts accelerating uncontrollably, shift into neutral and then use the brakes to slow to a halt. When Toyota (and Lexus) had recalls in 2009 on multiple vehicles for unintended acceleration, the deaths could have been preventable if the drivers knew how to stop a vehicle with a stuck throttle. One of these drivers was able to make a 911 call while his car was accelerating uncontrollably up to 120 mph on a crowded California highway.
    I guess I'm lucky. I input the VIN number of my 2019 Camry SE into Toyota's Recall Lookup web site. There are no recalls for my car. So far, I've heard of the fuel pump, airbags, and now the accelerator. none apply to my car.

I input VIN numbers from other Toyota cars just to be sure. Some had active recalls on them. But, none on mine.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
Toyota Recall - Accelerator Pedal may get stuck [merged]