New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142
Results 1,411 to 1,414 of 1414
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ hi all, any shop you can recommend to fix the issue of stiff/heavy steering?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Hi guys. Sorry for reviving this thread.

I've been a lurker in this forum for years and I've just decided to create my account to interact and to know more about my car.

I'm currently driving a 2002 Toyota Rav4 with 123,000 km. The car runs great but as I read articles from the internet I found out that Rav4s that were made from 2001-2003 has a possibility of having an ECM problem that eventually will destroy the transmission.

I called a Toyota dealer and they quoted me 83k for a brand new computer box (ordered from Japan) and 3k for labor.

I would like to ask my fellow Tsikoteers if they have experienced this issue and if there is an alternative like a shop from Banawe. Hoping for your responses. Thank you!

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RaviTheRav4 View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry for reviving this thread.

I've been a lurker in this forum for years and I've just decided to create my account to interact and to know more about my car.

I'm currently driving a 2002 Toyota Rav4 with 123,000 km. The car runs great but as I read articles from the internet I found out that Rav4s that were made from 2001-2003 has a possibility of having an ECM problem that eventually will destroy the transmission.

I called a Toyota dealer and they quoted me 83k for a brand new computer box (ordered from Japan) and 3k for labor.

I would like to ask my fellow Tsikoteers if they have experienced this issue and if there is an alternative like a shop from Banawe. Hoping for your responses. Thank you!
    Yes, unfortunately that is an.ongoing issue for that model Ravie.

I used to have Gen 3 version and was a member of the Facebook page for many owners here in Pimas.

You should request membership so the guys there can advise you. They're a helpful group.

Look for Alex Pascua, he's one of the recommended mechanics there.

Good luck with your Ravie.

Addendum, here's a link to the group I spoke of: Rav4 Club PH (Philippines) Public Group | Facebook
    Last edited by sparc179; July 29th, 2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Additional info

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Yes, unfortunately that is an.ongoing issue for that model Ravie.

I used to have Gen 3 version and was a member of the Facebook page for many owners here in Pimas.

You should request membership so the guys there can advise you. They're a helpful group.

Look for Alex Pascua, he's one of the recommended mechanics there.

Good luck with your Ravie.

Addendum, here's a link to the group I spoke of: Rav4 Club PH (Philippines) Public Group | Facebook
    Thanks for the info sparc179. [emoji1360]

I'll also ask around when I go to Banawe this Saturday while they change my transmission, transfer case and differential fluids.

Toyota Rav4 (Gen. 2) Owners & Discussions [Merged]