New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nabibili / nakakabit bang mga skid plates for the rav4 (new)?

medyo gus2 ko na sanang gamitin papuntang farm, dirt road lang naman kaso medyo maraming pebbles sa ibang part... kahit owner kayang kaya yung daan eh...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude, totally wala bang stock skids yung Gen2? Yung Gen1 ko meron maliit na skidplate e :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kailangan ba ng skid plates for dirt roads?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt::: skidplates are a boon if the dirt road suddenly turns to mud :D ..........it also protects the bottom of the radiator, a/c condenser etc. :D

.........thats if its a real skidplate. I see a lot of sport-cutes with decorative plates only.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda,

Alin bang areas ang balak mo lagyan ng skidplates?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mga gurus,

Kung sakali pong gustong isali ang CR-V or RAV4 sa Malaysian Rainforest Challenge ay ano po bang modifications ang magandang gawin from stock?

Salamat po.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir,

I'm not sure what the Malaysian Rainforest Challenge is but .... I suppose it wouldn't be very different from the JUNGLE BASE (or Jurassic Park) expedition...

ang term po sa aming mga ahente dyan sa nais ninyo ay "suntok sa buwan"....mahirap po yun nais nyong yan for a CR-V or a RAV4....kung Vitara or Suzuki Samurai with modified engine pa siguro kaya....

Maybe you should bring along a GQ Nissan Patrol instead.

My 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madaming mods na kelangan gawin. Transfer case, drive shafts, basically all under chassis components. Wala pa akong nabalitaan na compact SUVs na sumali dun sa event na yun. Even the stock 4X4 couldn't make it through the Rainforest Challenge course. Even in your engine compartment, babaguhin lahat ng attchments, itataas lahat ng parts. I think it would be better if you have a basic 4X4 then do some mods than to convert a decent CRV/RAV4 into a monster.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The Malaysian Rainforest Challenge is not like the Jungle Base trail. It is MANY MANY!!! times more difficult. The raiforest challenge competition that was held in various parts of the Philippines was geared to create a team that could be sent to Malaysia for this competition. Noel Bartolome, was our representative at one time. The competition is as difficult if not more so than the Camel Trophy competitions. This is due to the location of this event. The vehicles that are used in this competition are significantly and specifically modified for this competition and there is NO WAY in God's good earth that a CRV or RAV4 would be able to even participate in this event. Not to mention the type of driver that should even attempt to participate. There are obstacles there that would guarantee serious injury or even death if tackled incorrectly. Stick to paved or gravel roads if you want to play with the RAV or CRV.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    di po ba pag masyado na maraming mods mababa na resale value... unless you went for performance parts?

Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast
Toyota Rav4 (Gen. 2) Owners & Discussions [Merged]