New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jvandanne View Post
    im glad to announce that i was able to get fuel consumption figures after driving it 167kms. i was able to drive it 8.35 kms/liter

i anticipated 6-7kms/liter consumption. conservative driving does pay off quite well. =)

hintayin ko na lang makabili mom ko ng new tsikot then hingin na to

as to parts, any idea where to get a new headlight assembly? may crack yung headlight coz of some flying rocks in slex.

as for lpg, something to think about once the unit gets passed to me.
    hello!

i know this thread is very old already but your comments were very informative. I'm currently driving a rav 4 which i got from my friend. It's a 97 model and it's the dubai version. But it was bought locally here. (dubai version siya kasi may writings sa side mirrors na arabic and at the same time yung gauge may warning when you hit 130km/h cause i think that's their km limit driving there).

my problem is that this rav consumes a lot of gas. I'm averaging at least 4-5km/ltr (rough estimate) despite tuneups and regular maintenance. I already asked my good mechanic and he said that maybe the prob is that my rav "dubai" version does not have a thermostat. Kasi yung aux fan recta siya automatically when i turn on the aircon.

just wanted to ask if wala talaga thermostat yung rav na dubai version? cause i think that's where the problem lies when it comes to the fuel consumption. I spend on the average 400 bucks a day and my route is just las pinas to alabang and vice versa.

thanks for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RGmontemayor View Post
    hello!

i know this thread is very old already but your comments were very informative. I'm currently driving a rav 4 which i got from my friend. It's a 97 model and it's the dubai version. But it was bought locally here. (dubai version siya kasi may writings sa side mirrors na arabic and at the same time yung gauge may warning when you hit 130km/h cause i think that's their km limit driving there).

my problem is that this rav consumes a lot of gas. I'm averaging at least 4-5km/ltr (rough estimate) despite tuneups and regular maintenance. I already asked my good mechanic and he said that maybe the prob is that my rav "dubai" version does not have a thermostat. Kasi yung aux fan recta siya automatically when i turn on the aircon.

just wanted to ask if wala talaga thermostat yung rav na dubai version? cause i think that's where the problem lies when it comes to the fuel consumption. I spend on the average 400 bucks a day and my route is just las pinas to alabang and vice versa.

thanks for the inputs.

Hello RG,

I am also new here. i also have a rav 98 similar with yours. 4-5 is too much . I was monitoring my consumption and it averaged about 6 to 7 km/ltr. But i think it is still too much.

Have your engine checked by a mechanic. Maybe you should change your air filter, spark plug must be the twin ground as specified in the manual, etc.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wow this thread is still alive!

Sold our blue 98 3-door rav4 for 275k just this year.

I'm still using our red rav4 183,000kms. and counting!

As for the query above, make sure to check your idling. Pa-adjust nyo yan so that without aircon nasa 600-700 rpm. tapos when aircon is on 800 rpm.

And can people check if they are getting less mileage with the new unleaded gasoline? experiencing 7 km / liter mileage so I am not sure if because the car is old OR there is a general decline of in FC now we are using E10 unleaded OR nandadaya yung gas station (Caltex near St. Luke's I am looking at you...)
    Last edited by mikmik316; December 17th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi, baka kilala kayo na nagbebenta ng mura at magandang RAV4 3 DOOR.... mejo mahal kasi magbenta yung iba.... thanks

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    How much kaya magpa-general overhaul ng gen 1 rav-4?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Toyota Rav4 (Gen. 1) Owners & Discussions [Merged]