New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some automotive writers say that toyota caters more to reliability than to performance.

i hope the casa gets a display model next week, for personal perusal.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 29th, 2022 at 11:56 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some automotive writers say that toyota caters more to reliability than to performance.

i hope the casa gets a display model next week, for personal perusal.
    Yah. I'm actually looking at the base model manual. Need something that's cheap to operate with high ground clearance. Getting rid of the Ford Focus since it has become redundant. 😂

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For small turbo engines, low viscosity fully synthetic oil is highly suggested. Ford only recommends 5w20 or 5w30 viscosity for its 1.0L, 1.5L, 1.6L, and 2.0L Ecoboost engines. VW and Subaru suggests 5w30 for 2.0L or smaller turbo engines. Honda uses 0w20.

However, Toyota may have its own recommendations. Owners must read their car’s manual. Huwag umasa sa sabi ng SA or sinu-sinong mekaniko. Nakabili ka naman ng kotse siguro marunong ka rin magbasa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wonder,
    how many of us run to the owner's manual only when we have car trouble?
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I had an unfortunate incident with Ford Manila Bay before. I brought the Fiesta for an oil change. After a few days, I felt the car was sluggish and fuel consumption went up. I checked with them on what oil they put in the car and they couldn’t answer me properly. I was thinking they put a thicker viscosity oil on it. 5w40 is more common than 5w30 or 5w20. I had the car’s oil changed at a nearby shop with the suggested viscosity for piece of mind. I never went back to casa for oil change after that (that was just almost 2 years into my ownership).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    from raize indonesian manual. api SL minimum. btw there are SN-RC mineral oils. probably even SP but i havent' checked yet

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    from raize indonesian manual. api SL minimum. btw there are SN-RC mineral oils. probably even SP but i havent' checked yet

Walang 0w20 at 5w30 na mineral or semi-synthetic. As far as i know, fully synthetic lang options mo. Mayrun 10w30 mineral at 5w40 semi synthetic. 5w30 fully synthetic is more common than 0w20 fully synthetic.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Walang 0w20 at 5w30 na mineral or semi-synthetic. As far as i know, fully synthetic lang options mo. Mayrun 10w30 mineral at 5w40 semi synthetic. 5w30 fully synthetic is more common than 0w20 fully synthetic.

i don't look at the number before "W" coz we're in pinas

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013

0w20 is preferred... So basically synthetic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i don't look at the number before "W" coz we're in pinas
    Yan lagi sabi ng mga tao but it is not indicated in the manual that there are exceptions for tropical countries. If you think about it, our warm conditions are not as bad as the desert regions.

0w20 is still not common though it is gaining popularity. Honda uses primarily 0w20 for its fully synthetic option. Subaru also requires 0w20 for its NA engines. 5w30 fully synthetic is readily available and more affordable than 0w20.