New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I wonder if would be buyers of the 1.0L know how to maintain a turbo engine... Baka mamaya nito, mineral oil lang galing sa tabi tabi na gas station ilagay. 😂

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I wonder if would be buyers of the 1.0L know how to maintain a turbo engine... Baka mamaya nito, mineral oil lang galing sa tabi tabi na gas station ilagay. 😂
    specified ba na synthetic yung requirement ng makina ni raize?

a lot of mineral oil lists on the reverse label "suitable for naturally aspirated or turbocharged engines..."

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I wonder if would be buyers of the 1.0L know how to maintain a turbo engine... Baka mamaya nito, mineral oil lang galing sa tabi tabi na gas station ilagay. ��
    that's what the casa is for.
    heh heh.

a newly-introduced model,
    i wouldn't trust off-casa pms this early.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 29th, 2022 at 10:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    a lot of mineral oil lists on the reverse label "suitable for naturally aspirated or turbocharged engines..."

Marketing speak ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

a newly-introduced model,
    i wouldn't trust off-casa pms this early.
    Some might not have that wisdom... May mga kilala ako nakatira sa provinces malayo sa casa, mga DIYers.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Some might not have that wisdom... May mga kilala ako nakatira sa provinces malayo sa casa, mga DIYers.
    we NCR slickers do not realize how easy it is for us to maintain our cars.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post

A turbocharged engine will be inherently hotter and more stressed. With the 2 turbocharged cars I own, I learned to only use synthetic and change the oil frequently. Yung isa ko with direct injection turbo, I specifically use synthetic that is resistant to pre ignition.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    mineral oil lang galing sa tabi tabi na gas station ilagay. 😂

funny story... my sister has her own share of car experiences...

She uses a semi-synthetic oil for her car (once a year change oil) and she insists that her car is ok
    pare-pareho lang daw lahat ng oil basta wag bilhin yung pinaka-mura, pero wag din yung pinaka-mahal

sayang lang daw $$$ ko following my car's PMS schedule using a fully synthetic oil

her current car is a Toyota and its the most reliable car she's driven ever! (previous cars were from Honda and Mitsubishi)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

funny story... my sister has her own share of car experiences...

She uses a semi-synthetic oil for her car (once a year change oil) and she insists that her car is ok
    pare-pareho lang daw lahat ng oil basta wag bilhin yung pinaka-mura, pero wag din yung pinaka-mahal

sayang lang daw $$$ ko following my car's PMS schedule using a fully synthetic oil

her current car is a Toyota and its the most reliable car she's driven ever! (previous cars were from Honda and Mitsubishi)
    once the 3-year warranties were over,
    i have our ordinary toyotas change-oiled at the friendly gas station.
    mineral oil, replaced every 5000 km.
    been doing it for ever.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Mineral oil is fine. Ganun lang din gamit ko sa Honda City ko dati. But we're talking about putting it in a small turbocharged engine... Iba yun sa naturally aspirated engine ninyo...

Who knows, baka din naman tuned ni Toyota for mineral oil yung 1.0L turbo ng Raize. Looking at its power figures, medyo mahina siya compared sa ibang 1.0L turbo, baka less stressed. But generally use only synthetic for turbo to be safe.