New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    meron pala awd version but japan-only

too bad we won't have it. could actually steal some jimny sales. 2 more doors a HUGE plus. awd could take you to a lot of places. most people don't really need a 4x4 (and makes the car ride like krap on pavement)
    IMO, Jimny 4x4 was made to go anywhere including off-road

Japanese Raize (and other Kei cars) with 4WD was made for snow. Snow chains are not required if your vehicle has 4WD

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, Jimny 4x4 was made to go anywhere including off-road

Japanese Raize (and other Kei cars) with 4WD was made for snow. Snow chains are not required if your vehicle has 4WD

i know a few people who bought jimnies coz it was cute. they don't go off-road but are penalized by the poor ride quality

AWD cars are now quite capable off-road. basically it's all software which actuates the abs module to brake the wheel that loses traction. btw the jimny does this too coz it lacks a "real" diff lock

so an awd raize w/ 200mm ground clearance and decent approach angle could take you a lot further than a fwd crossover. most people don't really need a 4x4 and all the cons that go w/ it

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I feel like that happens every time a new generation of the Jimny is launched

But we have to thank those people for early second-hand sales of the car while it's still relatively new.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i know a few people who bought jimnies coz it was cute. they don't go off-road but are penalized by the poor ride quality

AWD cars are now quite capable off-road. basically it's all software which actuates the abs module to brake the wheel that loses traction. btw the jimny does this too coz it lacks a "real" diff lock

so an awd raize w/ 200mm ground clearance and decent approach angle could take you a lot further than a fwd crossover. most people don't really need a 4x4 and all the cons that go w/ it
    we don't need much of a car, to go to the mall.
    which is where many of these cars go, i suspect.

when i showed wifey a picture of the jimny, she asked,
    "does it come with stairs?"
    so, no. i guess i'm not gonna buy one soon.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 24th, 2022 at 10:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    meron pala awd version but japan-only

too bad we won't have it. could actually steal some jimny sales. 2 more doors a HUGE plus. awd could take you to a lot of places. most people don't really need a 4x4 (and makes the car ride like krap on pavement)
    it won't steal jimny sales.. if raize came with an awd for ph would steal sales from the vitara allgrip.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mehel nung top of the line.. more than 1M pesos..

yung 1.2 cvt at 816k pwede na.. mas ok ito kesa wigo.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Only 98PS/140Nm from the 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo? Parang ang hina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Only 98PS/140Nm from the 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo? Parang ang hina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    knowing toyota.. it will tune to highest longevity

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    knowing toyota.. it will tune to highest longevity
    agreed. pero that gote thinking yung 123hp ba na ecoboost fiesta engine may known problems?