Jul 2013
    I'm not sure if we're getting the same Raize na meron sa India

Toyota Raize Achieves 5-star J-NCAP Safety Test Rating | Indian Auto

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    OT na tayo...

balik konti.

mas modern bagong cars ngayon pero palaging ang laki ng damage sa accident...

minsan, naiisip ko, di kaya ganun ginawa ng manufacturers para sa casa lang tayo magpapagawa after an accident?
    crumple zones and finding ways to dissipate forces before it reaches the cabin or "cell" ata tawag nila. with the various scenarios of where the forces may come from and varying speeds, wala na din ata matitira sa atin na hindi pwede magcrumple. Sana lang yung mga low speed impact, mabilis lumubug lang, hindi crumple, para pwede itulak palabas ulit or initin lang para mag bounce back to form. less "wastage"

---

Regarding the Raize, leaving the opinion on pause lang as we'd need to see the actual Ph spec unit. Like the Altis, I was disappointed with the local spec (mostly in the interior) for the price they are asking so won't judge lang. But looks promising.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    OT na tayo...

balik konti.

minsan, naiisip ko, di kaya ganun ginawa ng manufacturers para sa casa lang tayo magpapagawa after an accident?
    Pili ka. Malaki damage sa sasakyan o malaki damage sa katawan mo?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Pili ka. Malaki damage sa sasakyan o malaki damage sa katawan mo?
    I've been driving from the time na di pa required ang seat belts

and di din ako mas magaling sa engineer who designs modern cars

pero yung cars natin ngayon, mabangga lang ng konti sa maling part, baka di mo na mauwi.

just yesterday, sa gate ng subd namin, a car lost its rear bumper kasi nabangga ng motor! if that was a 90's car... gas gas lang bumper nya, at worse konting basag lang

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    I've been driving from the time na di pa required ang seat belts

and di din ako mas magaling sa engineer who designs modern cars

pero yung cars natin ngayon, mabangga lang ng konti sa maling part, baka di mo na mauwi.

just yesterday, sa gate ng subd namin, a car lost its rear bumper kasi nabangga ng motor! if that was a 90's car... gas gas lang bumper nya, at worse konting basag lang
    May nabasa ako dito na the current body ng modern cars are designed so that the vibration impact during accident won't reach the passengers as much as possible.
    So the current design prioritizes the safety of the passenger over the rigidity of the build.

I think mostly sa narinig ko, hindi na daw kasing solid ng kaha ng Revo mga kaha ng modern cars ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT na tayo...

balik konti.

Obviously for safety, modern cars have front crumple zones to absorb the impact while the safety passenger cell stays intact.

Better than designs from 3 decades ago where the passenger cells of the car also crumples.
    Nissan Tsuru Sentra B13 Crash Test Latin NCAP - NO Airbags - YouTube
    Last edited by AG4; January 20th, 2022 at 07:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    bro forgive me kung baka may na mis interpret ako. hindi ata mag a-apply yung last clear chance doctrine dito. since nasa likod yung nakabangga siya ang ultimate responsibility na mag bigay ng allowance to account for such sudden braking?

pero i agree yung unang namreno sa harap takas to the max na ang peg.
    Korek ka bro... I am just ribbing Egan...😁

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I read in the ad that the equivalent totl Raize is selling here at P1,031K vs P860K in Mexico.

The unit in Mexico shipped almost half the world away from Japan, while we are nearer...

So the difference in pricing is tax(?). What else?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    replacing your bumper five to ten times,
    is still cheaper than paying for hospitalization for a broken leg bone.

our innova's front and rear bumpers are (relatively) very soft.

more than once,
    wasak bumper namin, but not a mark on the other vehicle.
    they went down, inspected the damage, and when satisfied that their car had no damage, drove away.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2022 at 11:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I read in the ad that the equivalent totl Raize is selling here at P1,031K vs P860K in Mexico.

The unit in Mexico shipped almost half the world away from Japan, while we are nearer...

So the difference in pricing is tax(?). What else?
    importing cars into the phils,
    cars sourced from japan do not enjoy the same tax brakes enjoyed by cars produced in ASEAN.

what are mexico's car tax laws?