New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    government subsidized Ford Focus TDCi for everyone!
    In our dreams... but considering that foci are locally assembled... may tax breaks na ba ang mga ito?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It's on display now at Greenbelt 5. 2.25M+ 85k+LTO insurance according to the price list.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another Toy for the Big Boy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd rather have a BMW 120d, Audi A4 TDI or 2 Ford Focus TDCI. hehehe.

far more greener and environment friendly.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Saw the demo units at GB5 last Saturday. Looks good but too pricey at 2M mark!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    wow...2 million (plus plus)...thats just too steep a price for regular joe's like me to cough up just for the sake of keeping the earth green. but it is a step forward nonetheless for our country. hopefully cheaper, more efficient and green cars will be introduced soon. for now, its compact sedans, LPG's, TDi's and CRDi's...FTW! (wonder how much Honda's Insight will go for here)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being GREEN must always save you some GREEN as well to become a viable alternative for the masses to adapt.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    A while ago I saw a brand new Prius at the Ayala Ave-Buendia intersection! Seems a newly bought unit because of a Toyota dealership plate/cardboard-whatever-you-call-it thing. Silver in color. At first I thought it was a hatchbacked cross between a Corolla Altis and a Vios but upon a longer second look, that was when I realized that it was actually a Prius because of the sleek side profile. It actually looks good in reality; quite large and spacious as well. It could have looked better, though, if it had larger and better-designed wheels.

Too bad it's expensive. Between this and a Camry 3.5Q V6 (which is actually a bit cheaper), I'd still take the latter, 'cause it's way more powerful, relatively fuel efficient for a V6, and way more luxurious and comfortable.

Still, I think it's good that a high-tech model like this is being introduced in our country.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And here we are may bumili na pala... Must be one of those rich image conscious types.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMHO, this vehicle will be a flop locally. Mahal kasi. from the fuel savings, how long will be the ROI? How often the batteries has to be replaced?

Economics wise, for me, not a good buy.