New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mga sir curious lang, ilang seconds kaya nito sa quarter mile?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manunulat View Post
    If gasoline sky rockets again to record high prices, prius may be easily marketed in the Philippines.
    False. Even if the price of gasoline goes to record high levels, it will not really help the sales of the Prius. The problem with selling the Prius is its selling price, it's simply too expensive when there are other affordable options which have similar results. Like the Honda Jazz/City 1.3L iDSi and Toyota Vios 1.3L.

But, the government may not allow gasoline to skyrocket just to make prius easily marketable.
    duh?!?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mogmog View Post
    mga sir curious lang, ilang seconds kaya nito sa quarter mile?
    Maybe you would prefer to google it yourself?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by manunulat View Post

But, the government may not allow gasoline to skyrocket just to make prius easily marketable.
    Natawa ako dito ah Iho, the government has no say on gasoline prices we have deregulation here... And I am a solid believer in the free markets maskin last years run up in prices... Even the drop in prices is also the works of the free markets...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Prius to hit Philippine roads by June
    By Abigail L. Ho
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 03:41:00 03/11/2009

http://business.inquirer.net/money/b...-roads-by-June

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    IMO, i think there is a chance to have good sales of prius in our country. marami din naman kasing bumibili ng camry hybrid from the importers. mas may advantage pa ang prius since it will surely have warranty...

let us just pray that Toyota has the funds to build the prius in its sta. rosa plant, just like what they did in vios, to help lower the price. at least mas maraming trabaho ang mabibigyan. but this is just a dream...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    IMO, i think there is a chance to have good sales of prius in our country. marami din naman kasing bumibili ng camry hybrid from the importers. mas may advantage pa ang prius since it will surely have warranty...

let us just pray that Toyota has the funds to build the prius in its sta. rosa plant, just like what they did in vios, to help lower the price. at least mas maraming trabaho ang mabibigyan. but this is just a dream...
    How many Camry hybrids are in the country? 5? 10? 15? Does that already counted as many?

The Camry is a luxury sedan which makes it more worth the money of whoever bought it. Compare that to a small compact sedan. Kinda difficult to visualize anyone who is going to spend millions just to be driven in a Prius.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How many Camry hybrids are in the country? 5? 10? 15? Does that already counted as many?

The Camry is a luxury sedan which makes it more worth the money of whoever bought it. Compare that to a small compact sedan. Kinda difficult to visualize anyone who is going to spend millions just to be driven in a Prius.
    the "many" i am pertaining to is not the number of units, but how many times i can see a particular car of different plate on a different color. pero considering the sales of imported hybrid cars with no advertisements, para sakin 10 is a good number for me. nasabi ko po ito maybe due to fact that i am exposed to the so-called "elite community" and i have been getting used to seeing expensive cars, from sub-compacts to full-size SUVs, commercially available or imported. please don't take it literally. and like i said, it's just my opinion.

tama nga ang sinabi nila, there will only be two groups of rich people who will buy the said car. the environmentalists and the fashionistas.

if i am a millionaire, i am willing to buy one, honestly speaking. single naman ako and really love being a bachelor so ayus lang sakin ang compact hybrid car. kaso, mababa pa sweldo ko, so better stick with my regular car...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    False. Even if the price of gasoline goes to record high levels, it will not really help the sales of the Prius. The problem with selling the Prius is its selling price, it's simply too expensive when there are other affordable options which have similar results. Like the Honda Jazz/City 1.3L iDSi and Toyota Vios 1.3L.

duh?!?
    What I mean is---If price of gasoline goes record high like 4x or more the current gasoline price, there may exist a market for prius.

However, do you think the government would allow that?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    the "many" i am pertaining to is not the number of units, but how many times i can see a particular car of different plate on a different color. pero considering the sales of imported hybrid cars with no advertisements, para sakin 10 is a good number for me. nasabi ko po ito maybe due to fact that i am exposed to the so-called "elite community" and i have been getting used to seeing expensive cars, from sub-compacts to full-size SUVs, commercially available or imported. please don't take it literally. and like i said, it's just my opinion.

tama nga ang sinabi nila, there will only be two groups of rich people who will buy the said car. the environmentalists and the fashionistas.

if i am a millionaire, i am willing to buy one, honestly speaking. single naman ako and really love being a bachelor so ayus lang sakin ang compact hybrid car. kaso, mababa pa sweldo ko, so better stick with my regular car...
    Maybe you should rethink your two groups. Frankly if you are a fashionista, you wouldn't be caught dead in a Prius. It would have to be the Camry hybrid IF they have to buy a hybrid car. The Prius is already so "yesterday's news" that the other fashionistas would be laughing if they caught one of "them" in a Prius.

And if you are a strict environmentalist, you would be driving a small diesel engined car or van and fueled by bio-diesel or used cooking oil. A Prius is actually less environmental if you consider the car's entire cycle from assembly to salvage. Those lead acid batteries are toxic waste once they are used up. A HUMMER H1 is actually more environmental when you consider it's entire life cycle because it contains more recyclable material and less toxic waste like used motor oil, hydraulic fluids, etc.

So where does that leave us? The ubber rich who have nothing to do but spend their money to playthings. The same people who could care less of the price of gasoline once again reaches P60/L or more. Their idea of saving on the cost of fuel would be driven in their new Honda CRV 2.0 instead of being driven in their Ford E150 van.

I am also single and living on my own. I would rather keep my Corolla than drive an expensive and complex Prius. My car is affordable and relatively cheap to maintain. No specialized shops to service anything on the car except for it's LPG system. Even then, my LPG system has been running trouble free for the last two years and hopefully for more years to come.