New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With gas prices where they are now (although I believe it will go up later) and the price above a Camry who would buy this? Maybe the Green groups and nobody else...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Toyota U.S.A. reported their November 2008 sales showed a drop of over 30% in total sales, with Prius dropping over 40%. That's one possible reason why they are now entertaining the Philippines, every car sold counts, even if it means only those who are "green" the only ones willing to buy the Prius.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Did Toyota solve the petrol consumption issue of the Prius already (under normal driving conditions)?

Fuel consumption battle, BMW M3 V8 vs Toyota Prius:

The result will shock /or enlighten you. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    With gas prices where they are now (although I believe it will go up later) and the price above a Camry who would buy this? Maybe the Green groups and nobody else...
    Actually, there are two types of Green groups:

The pseudo-green groups who are hypocrites because they have absolutely no idea on what they're doing except that it's hip and supposedly gets them approval from the masses (i.e. actors & politicians).

And there are the real ones, people who know what they're doing (usually inclined to science) and therefore are capable of making sound decisions.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    it could be much expensive than a camry. mas OK pa nga sana na toyota IQ na lang ilabas ng toyotad dito eh.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Coming soon? Naunahan na kayo ni sir M2

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    baka mas bebenta dito sa pilipinas kung ginawa nila hybrid yung innova. for sure dami bibili. mas mataas sa ground clearance so solved na agad hehehe

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

Fuel consumption battle, BMW M3 V8 vs Toyota Prius:

The result will shock /or enlighten you. hehe
    The result is not surprising. That particular test is not valid. Any vehicle being operated at full throttle throughout will yield worse fuel consumption rates.

If they ever sell this here, it would probably go from Php 2M to 2.5M.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If anyone would care to analyze the cost vs savings of owning a Prius against a typical compact sedan, it would be obvious that you would need over EIGHT years or more to simply recoup the purchase price difference in fuel cost savings.

And owning a DIESEL power compact sedan like the Hyundai i30 turbo-diesel and the Ford Focus TDCi actually makes better sense because the operating cost would be roughly the same as the Prius while much much less than the projected SRP of the Prius in the Philippines. You would also avoid the complex hybrid systems that will require servicing in a few years time which would require the owner to bring it to Toyota CASA for some (expensive) inhouse servicing. There is also the issue of battery life since in hot weather like ours, car batteries might not last as long as in cooler climates.

In the end, I would think the Prius will only be a curiosity in the local market as well as a plaything and a vehicle for "green-movement" statements for those with the cash to spend on an overprice compact sedan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dapat may tax incentives ang goverment pag mga hybrid cars