New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does the engine start like all other engines? meaning, may redondo muna? since the petrol engine kicks in at 45kph, what happens if you drive 47kph for a few seconds, then slows down to 42kph, then accelerate again to 48kph? will the engine start and stop also?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's almost imperceptible when it starts while driving.

Ideally, the engine won't turn on when you turn on the car, but I noticed it when it kicked in when I started the vehicle. That was only because the batteries were low, but like I said, extended range and plug-in kits are available in the US... but at an astronomical cost.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Don't they give the same warranty(8 years)?

:fly:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    official motoring representative ng yehey.com si carlo, kaya walang magagawa ang toyota kung gusto nyang i-uwi ang prius
    i dont work for yehey.com anymore. heheheheh. we (mbt and I) represent tsikot.com instead.

carlo, when the car switches from electric power to gas power and vise versa, naffeel ba?
    I didnt feel the switch from electric power to gas power. sa screen lang makikita na nagpapalit.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    does the engine start like all other engines? meaning, may redondo muna? since the petrol engine kicks in at 45kph, what happens if you drive 47kph for a few seconds, then slows down to 42kph, then accelerate again to 48kph? will the engine start and stop also?
    pag bumagal po, like what you have said, mga 40-42kph, nagsuswitch siya to battery power.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    does the engine start like all other engines??
    actually you wouldnt here the engine start. once you press the start button, just look at the screen and you will see the engine running. it is very quiet at low speeds but screems when you push it hard.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Warranty, I think so. Toyota has gone to great pains to ensure that their batteries are beyond reproach. While the Honda Insight Hybrids have experienced a few battery failures, the Prius still has a perfect record.

RE: gas engine switching on: I could hear it when we were in the parking lot, but you can barely feel it. On the road, it's completely un-noticeable. You can only hear the engine when, as carlo says, you floor the gas and it roars.

The Prius would be a great car at 1.5 million... consider it a "luxury" compact, with a little more elbow room, a cushier ride and smoother acceleration than the Corolla and lots of gee-whiz toys.

While I'm still of the opinion that the Prius doesn't make sense as an economy car, per se... there are people who spend ridiculous amounts of money on German compact cars (Audi A3 - A4, BMW 1-series, Mercedes B170) which don't make sense from a practical standpoint, either. Is a gas-electric Prius worth as much as a 2 million peso A3 with a glorified lawnmower engine? Depends on what's important to you... and for a dozen or so rich people here in the Philippines, I'm willing to bet the Prius will rank as a good buy. You're buying an upscale car with the bonus of good fuel economy.

If you look at the Prius that way, sure, it's a steal. Put a ***ier body kit on, slap a Lexus badge on the front, and it'll sell big time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Honda lawn mower > *

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question, pano gumagana ang airconditioning system when the car is running on electric power? what drives the a/c compressor sir??

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you can switch on the aircon via the screen. Ganun pa rin, batteries pa rin