New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, the Escape is a gasoline engine. But it exceeds existing standards for emissions and is designed to meet future (tougher) standards already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Dang it! Well a Ford Escape is a green one also but expensive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Price it 600k-850k then i'll buy one.

Im on the fence if we'd talk about its styling..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    daming mga electric powered bikes coming out lately, pero parang di masyado nag cliclick

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmmmmm. i wish merong pinoy gumawa ng sand powered car. para hindi na kelangan foreign fuel.

Pure Saudi Arabian desert sand.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    AFAIK, the Escape is a gasoline engine. But it exceeds existing standards for emissions and is designed to meet future (tougher) standards already.
    The Ford Escape Hybrid is based on Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive. Same here not interested with Hybrids. The savings on fuel won't compensate on the cost of a Hybrid, maybe 8 to 10 years down the road but not earlier.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Kanya kanyang taste talaga! We know that hybrid cars are new technology and answer to rising fuel prices. Whether it's for good look car or not as long as its less fuel energy that is the bottom line. First appearance of cellphone is so expensive and we thought it is for rich only! Wait and see until it's fully developed! Sa akin lang!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Here in the US the premium you pay to get a hybrid would take about 10-15 years to get back in terms of fuel cost. I can just imagine what that would be in the Philippines, if they price the Honda Pilot about $20K over the same model here. The Prius will probably be priced at least that much over the comparable unit is here.

I also don't know if it's a good idea to get a hybrid vehicle that relies alot on electronics in a country prone to flooding. You see post here about people having to drive their Civics, Lynx, Focus, etc through floods and the problems it causes. Now consider that the Prius will have alot of batteries that cannot get wet or it will short the electronics of the car. My friend has a hybrid Camry and he was specifically told to make sure the batteries are not exposed to moisture so now he won't load a case of bottled water in the trunk for fear it may leak and short everything.

Just my .02 cents get a good diesel instead of the hype that is the hybrid cars.
    Last edited by redorange; September 21st, 2006 at 04:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Agree ako kay redorange, get a diesel. Mura na, pwede pang alternative fuels, tipid pa! Plus the torque is good on highway runs.

Kaya nga hybrid eh. Makakamura ka sa fuel, pero backstory is gagamit ng exotic and expensive materials just to build one. Patas lang.

I heard in Top Gear UK, even the new Mercedes S500 w221 uses recyclable materials and was awarded something like car of the year or so just because it is really environment friendly, even more than an econo car that it was compared to.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just to add you can't take it to your favorite mechanic since they won't know anything about the electronics and how it connects to the electric motor. Simple brake repairs will need to be done at the casa along with everything else. So in essence the casa will be holding you by your balls as long as you own the car. Also the batteries will need to be changed at some point (8 to 10 years) and the cost of those will be close to 50% of the depreciated value of the car. The batteries will also have a shorter life if you use the electric motor more since it will drain faster. Guess what you will be using more in stop and go traffic? It's not the gas engine but the electric motor and that's how you save gas. Selling it will be hard if you haven't changed batteries since most buyers probably won't want a car that will need the batteries changed in 1-2 years. BTW estimated cost of the replacement is $3K-$5K so presuming it is $3K then that will be Php150,000 * the $1=Php50 exchange rate at the very least.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast