New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi nila its a car that pretends to love the earth. Hybrid power and all. But the resources needed to produce one car is astounding also (owing to the use of exotic materials). Usually gumagamit nito sa U.S. ay mga celebrities na gusto gumawa ng 'statement'.

I won't consider getting one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    gee, I wasn't aware of that...what kind of exotic materials are they using anyway? indulge me

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sabi nila its a car that pretends to love the earth. Hybrid power and all. But the resources needed to produce one car is astounding also (owing to the use of exotic materials). Usually gumagamit nito sa U.S. ay mga celebrities na gusto gumawa ng 'statement'.
    the same celebrities whose other car in the garage is a Lambo or Aston Martin, and hop around the world in private jets :hihihi:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't really have much interest in the Prius so I didn't really pay much attention.

Mostly materials used in the batteries and other lightweight materials used to keep weight down. I think I saw it in Car and Driver or another U.S. mag. Sorry not much help there. I'm not really a fan of green cars that shout 'hey I'm green!'.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    the same celebrities whose other car in the garage is a Lambo or Aston Martin, and hop around the world in private jets :hihihi:
    Natumbok mo! They pull up to the red carpet in a Prius for all the world to see. But the rest of the year they're in their blinged-out H2's riding ond Dubs.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I don't really have much interest in the Prius so I didn't really pay much attention.

Mostly materials used in the batteries and other lightweight materials used to keep weight down. I think I saw it in Car and Driver or another U.S. mag. Sorry not much help there. I'm not really a fan of green cars that shout 'hey I'm green!'.
    Well we can't please everybody but I wish they would build green cars that would look a bit more sporty and more style as well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Prius is neither sporty nor stylish. It is just a rolling billboard. A Civic Hybrid is better if one really has to be driving a hybrid.

If I'm in the mood to be environment friendly, I'd drive a new-generation diesel e.g. Golf TDI, Mercedes CDI, etc. Diesel fuel has more energy per volume (more MPG), and is less damaging to the environment to manufacture. Plus the cars don't have to look like spaceships.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw a pre-launch Prius (with private plates) in Makati a month or so back. Reminded me of a Toyota Vios...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I herd somewere that the Prius is earth friendly but how they made it is not. (The materials et.al.)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The Prius is neither sporty nor stylish. It is just a rolling billboard. A Civic Hybrid is better if one really has to be driving a hybrid.

If I'm in the mood to be environment friendly, I'd drive a new-generation diesel e.g. Golf TDI, Mercedes CDI, etc. Diesel fuel has more energy per volume (more MPG), and is less damaging to the environment to manufacture. Plus the cars don't have to look like spaceships.
    I couldn't agree with you more. A Prius is not a head turner. What about a Ford Escape Hybrid? Is it a Diesel engine also?

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast