Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post
    sir renzo,
    nope, it's ZGY and it's dark gray in color. :D
    Oh okay.

A RICH OWNER indeed
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 26th, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you're buying a 370Z, S2000 or the like, you'll have to check the philippine SRP before saying you'd buy those cars. The tax on luxury cars in the philippines is crazy.
    Exactly the point. As you may know, a good example is the PhDM 350Z which sells for around US$60K when same USDM model sells for around US$30K. It's not like I don't know that stuff.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Moving on, we should all leave the Philippines and go somewhere cars are cheap. And yes, not treated as status symbols (well, except if one drives a Lambo or Maybach). Same as iPods. We have such low standards that s&%!boxes are termed luxury cars here! Haha...

My cuz laughed when he saw his friends amazed by a girl getting off a Corolla Altis. Okay, a guy raised on foreign soil looking at a Toyota is not the point of the story. Rather, it's the point that his friends were mesmerized by looking at a gorgeous [driving] woman that's wrong. Well, not to mention that the same Corolla is a "poor man's" car abroad. I'm not saying that I have all the cash to sock in everyone's mouths, but it just isn't right to kneel down in front of someone who owns a lot. Especially if it means kneeling down to someone who can afford to buy exorbitantly priced objects. I know I wouldn't, they're idiots.

Even if I don't have the cash to prove that I only buy products priced right, at least I'm not as stupid as those who have more cash than brains. But it all boils down to one thing...everyone, don't buy the Prius! Buying it is as relevant as finding cheese under your beds.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; June 26th, 2009 at 11:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Maybe thats the prius that bigbigcar.com tested ( correct me if im wrong niky )

Because on what I saw at their site, they tested a gen 2 prius, silver color and with Z starting plates.

EDIT: Are you sure that it's ZGY? I`ve checked bigbigcar.com`s site and the plate was ZGD-***

Here are the pics of the said prius: c/o of bigbigcar.com

Yup, yup, yup... i saw this model running around in Baguio last year - probably for testing purposes.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have a bit of a background on cO2 emissions and I'm still having a hard time believing that the Prius is actually environmentally friendly. First of all it still runs on petrol which doesnt eliminate the fact that it still produces carbon. The car might obtain additional charge from regenerated energy but there isn't a significant difference between the prius and other economical cars.

Bottom line is, less gas, more miles. It's as simple as that.

Second, the manufacturing of the battery itself needs a lot of energy which in turn also produces carbon emissions by the factory in japan.
    Remember you have to replace this battery after a few years since the lithium ion battery still isnt that advanced to have a very long life.

For the price, you are shelling out 2 million pesos for a car. This isn't the end. The battery needs to be replaced which if I read correctly before costs $4,000-5,000. Not only that, it would be nearly impossible to get parts for the hybrid engine and a mechanic who knows how to tweak the hybrid engine, let alone the electric motor.

I'm not saying we must stay on gas cars. I'm an avid environmentalist and I believe that something must be changed but current technology in automobiles just isn't advanced enough to create a BIG impact on c02 emissions.

Although I applaud toyota for a good start, unless the company can make a

1. hydrogen car

although remember that making the hydrogen gas also needs a lot of energy, not to mention high costs. Energy companies need to think of a way to reduce costs of making renewable energy.

2. electric cars

zero emission cars, but remember where you get your electricity from. Chances are it comes from coal plants which produces more c02 emissions than petrol

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post

Although I applaud toyota for a good start, unless the company can make a

1. hydrogen car

although remember that making the hydrogen gas also needs a lot of energy, not to mention high costs. Energy companies need to think of a way to reduce costs of making renewable energy.
    Making a hydrogen car is easy enough since the technology is already available (if somewhat costly). The problem is the infrastructure where you can refuel such a car.

2. electric cars

zero emission cars, but remember where you get your electricity from. Chances are it comes from coal plants which produces more c02 emissions than petrol
    Electric cars is not the main problem. It is the perception of most people which prevents them from accepting electric cars as a viable alternative to petroleum fueled vehicles. They want high performance with long range per charge (typical 200+ km). Unfortunately most electric cars available now are small (two seats), slow and limited range (less than 150km per charge).

As for the cleanliness of source of power, cleaning up the emissions at a half dozen power plants is easier than cleaning up the emissions of half a million cars.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lack of infrastructure is also a problem with electrics. If you're using an electric to commute less than 20-40 kms in a day, no problem. If, like me, your daily commute is 80-100+kms, you need the option of refilling outside your home at a high voltage recharging station. Hopefully one that can recharge in less than 15 minutes (normal recharging time for 80% capacity on 220 volts is 4-8 hours).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I like how the Tesla sports car works. They say it can run for about 200km with a single 4-hour charge. Dunno if it has A/C, though.

ps And it costs as much as a Nissan GT-R in the US. Well, at least the buyer pays for actual tech.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i think they should first concentrate on renewable energy plants before mass producing electric cars. Even if they produce electric cars today, it still isn't zero emission since a majority of the world's power plants still rely on gas and coal.

I'd put my bet on fuel cell instead of electric cars though, hopefully they can make a cheap and zero-emission way to produce hydrogen gas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post
    i think they should first concentrate on renewable energy plants before mass producing electric cars. Even if they produce electric cars today, it still isn't zero emission since a majority of the world's power plants still rely on gas and coal.

I'd put my bet on fuel cell instead of electric cars though, hopefully they can make a cheap and zero-emission way to produce hydrogen gas.
    ... and you prefer to store a few dozen kilograms of potentially explosive hydrogen gas in a compressed gas tank in your car instead of using batteries...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi, guys! Just saw an old Prius here in Davao a few days ago. Kala ko mayaman yung may ari then I saw this ad just this morning.

P180K

P290K

http://www.davaoautosale.com/browse....us&color=black

May surplus Prius na pala! Pano na lang parts and service nito for those who will buy this?