New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For it to cost 1.05 million... you would not only have to remove the tax... you'd have to give it rebates like the US does.

In other words... not only will Prius owners pay no tax, unlike the rest of us lowly, snivelling commuters... they'll get money back from the government in terms of rebates. Again... why should the government pay for the lucky few who get to buy a hybrid? What about the rest of us who need support and actually save fuel by walking, commuting or buying cheap motorcycles, small-engined cars and frugal diesels?

-

Besides, that 20k dollars is for the base "stripper" model... add luxuries and it builds up to 25k pretty quick.

-

Frugality should be its own reward. let them pay the same taxes as everyone else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TOYOTA PRIUS PICS:

Iba na pala ang front fascia ng prius, but the rear remains the same.

The front fascia looks like the Ford Focus.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    At less than $40,000 (PhP2M), I can buy either a Lancer Evolution, a 370Z, an S2000, etc. The Prius here is a friggin' joke.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    TOYOTA PRIUS PICS:
    The sad thing is.... the P2.25M Prius sold here is the lower end model with smallish 15 inch wheels (similar to the one in the photo below).

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Iba na pala ang front fascia ng prius, but the rear remains the same.
    They didn't just change the fascia, the 3rd gen Prius is actually all-new.
    The new 3rd gen Prius and the previous gen Prius...

The shape might be similar, I guess its effective for aerodynamics, but if you look closely all panels are new.
    Last edited by AG4; June 26th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Hehehe but you are quoting USD prices. Those cars are more than the Prius prices in Peso prices. Remember the USD price of a Prius is around $20K or thereabouts...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    At less than $40,000 (PhP2M), I can buy either a Lancer Evolution, a 370Z, an S2000, etc. The Prius here is a friggin' joke.
    If you're buying a 370Z, S2000 or the like, you'll have to check the philippine SRP before saying you'd buy those cars. The tax on luxury cars in the philippines is crazy.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    saw a GEN2 gray metallic Prius here in Angeles city I swear! with plate no. ZGY-XXX (the ZGY combination was issued 2 years ago.) 2 months ago.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post
    saw a GEN2 gray metallic Prius here in Angeles city I swear! with plate no. ZGY-XXX (the ZGY combination was issued 2 years ago.) 2 months ago.
    Maybe thats the prius that bigbigcar.com tested ( correct me if im wrong niky )

Because on what I saw at their site, they tested a gen 2 prius, silver color and with Z starting plates.

EDIT: Are you sure that it's ZGY? I`ve checked bigbigcar.com`s site and the plate was ZGD-***

Here are the pics of the said prius: c/o of bigbigcar.com

Last edited by renzo_d10; June 26th, 2009 at 07:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The sad thing is.... the P2.25M Prius sold here is the lower end model with smallish 15 inch wheels (similar to the one in the photo below).

They didn't just change the fascia, the 3rd gen Prius is actually all-new.
    The new 3rd gen Prius and the previous gen Prius...

The shape might be similar, I guess its effective for aerodynamics, but if you look closely all panels are new.

With the 2 million plus price of the prius I cant believe that they cant even put some alloy wheels. It`s just a wheel cover, am i right?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    sir renzo,
    nope, it's ZGY and it's dark gray in color. :D