New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    It's really a hard investment to own a Prius.
    Owning a Prius can never be called an "investment". It should be called lunacy because you can never recoup the car's purchase price in fuel savings (in the car's design operational lifetime) unless you plan to drive to the moon and back a few hundred times over.

The only way you can realistically recoup the cost is if you resell the car a year or so after buying it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If I have PhP2M and want an economical car, I'd buy a Hyundai Accent and I'd have diesel 'til I die (or the car dies), and I'd still have the cash to maintain and register the car. Maybe even pimp it!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    but when it comes to hybrid vehicles, you will need to build a regular car, plus a motor with enough power, plus a huge lithium ion battery, plus the most important thing, a "smart" computer to manipulate the engine and the motor.

susunod dyan ang labor cost. obvious naman kung alin mas mahal di ba.

this is the reason why the prius is given a high price tag considering its size. but the technology it has, it's really worth it. the Honda Insight is cheaper than the Toyota Prius, but according to reviews, Prius has better built-quality and interior and returns better fuel consumption than the Insight (you really get what you paid for).

TAX ang nagpapamahal sa Prius, and not the manufacturer itself. sana naman gumawa ng aksyon ang government regarding this. if it will to be priced at below PHP1.2M(or 1.5M), it can be one of my compact sedan choices. but if it will stay PHP2.25M, i'd rather buy an SUV instead...
    Even with tax breaks, the retail price would be hovering around the P1.5M level.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Toyota is just giving us another option. If we can't afford it then let's just stop, look, & listen.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    If I have PhP2M and want an economical car, I'd buy a Hyundai Accent and I'd have diesel 'til I die (or the car dies), and I'd still have the cash to maintain and register the car. Maybe even pimp it!
    Pahirap lang ang Hyundai Accent,mag Ford Focus TDCI ka nalang..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    The Accent is a really small car if you compare it side by side to the Focus TDCi.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    check niyo to.. release na pala ito this june.... ayos ayos .. pero sana wag mahal...

http://toyotaotis.com.ph/contents/pr...nts/news7.jsp#

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xmb View Post
    check niyo to.. release na pala ito this june.... ayos ayos .. pero sana wag mahal...

http://toyotaotis.com.ph/contents/pr...nts/news7.jsp#
    i read sa business mirror last monday na may konting refinement ung philippine version/model na ilalabas nila dito sa atin..mahal lang talaga ang price, nasa 2M ang isang unit..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ok sana.. eco-friendly kaso P2.25M for a 1.8 liter engine.. sabi nga sa motioncars.com:

"Because the Philippine government is more concerned about *** tapes and missing cell phone loads, more important legislation such as incentives for environmentally-friendly vehicles were pretty much shelved. In an interview with ABS-CBN, Toyota says that around half of the Prius’s P 2.25-million price tag is because of import duties, excise tax and value-added tax. If only the government really worked for it, then the Philippine-spec Prius would have cost somewhere in the region of US$ 20,900 (P 1.045-million). Now, while we wait for Green Peace and other environmental-centric groups to rally, here’s what you get P 2.25-million." (More..)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Have you guys heard of the Tesla Roadster? I'd buy one anytime if I can afford it. Looking for a status symbol while being "green"? Who needs a Prius when you got this???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster