New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Ang kawawa mga new car owners and car owners that aren’t into cars/car maintenance who blindly follow what the SA recommends. I’m sure dami na na-biktima sa Toyota Alabang and other dealerships.
    kakabili ko lnag po ng vios xe ko last week, how much po ba usually inaabot ng pms for frst 1k km?

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    May mga libreng service/items ba sa first PMS mo sa Toyota?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    May mga libreng service/items ba sa first PMS mo sa Toyota?
    Libre labor first 1k and 5k.

All the rest may bayad (oil, filters, grease, carwash)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Libre labor first 1k and 5k.

All the rest may bayad (oil, filters, grease, carwash)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

salamat sir!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I have this PMS dilemma.

Yes PMS is very important 1k, 5k, 10k, etc or every 3 months, whichever comes first. failure to do so may void the warranty, Para sa sasakyan to diba? pero paano naman ang welfare ng owner if by chance hindi sya makasunod sa PMS?

Ano-ano ba ang mga considerations sa PMS?

Timing
    - Can the car be scheduled 2 weeks prior due date?
    - Can the car be delayed on scheduled PMS? if Yes then How many Days can be acceptable to be delayed?
    - Living in a rural area may find hard time to meet Scheduled Date of PMS

Mileage or Odo
    - Scheduled 1k km PMS (1st month) but odo is 1.1k km - This is just fine.
    - Scheduled 5k km PMS (4th month) but Odo is still 4k km - This is just fine.
    - Scheduled 10k km PMS (7th month) but odo is still 6.5k km - Are there any consideration for this?

Are this considerations are Nationwide Toyota implemented?

Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian ZDN View Post
    I have this PMS dilemma.

Yes PMS is very important 1k, 5k, 10k, etc or every 3 months, whichever comes first. failure to do so may void the warranty, Para sa sasakyan to diba? pero paano naman ang welfare ng owner if by chance hindi sya makasunod sa PMS?

Ano-ano ba ang mga considerations sa PMS?

Timing
    - Can the car be scheduled 2 weeks prior due date?
    - Can the car be delayed on scheduled PMS? if Yes then How many Days can be acceptable to be delayed?
    - Living in a rural area may find hard time to meet Scheduled Date of PMS

Mileage or Odo
    - Scheduled 1k km PMS (1st month) but odo is 1.1k km - This is just fine.
    - Scheduled 5k km PMS (4th month) but Odo is still 4k km - This is just fine.
    - Scheduled 10k km PMS (7th month) but odo is still 6.5k km - Are there any consideration for this?

Are this considerations are Nationwide Toyota implemented?

Thank you.

i follow the 5000 km or 6 months, whichever comes last.
    hindi naman ako sinisita, since i started practicing it in our cars, since 15 years ago.
    but then, i have never had cause to call their warranty.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i follow the 5000 km or 6 months, whichever comes last.
    hindi naman ako sinisita, since i started practicing it in our cars, since 15 years ago.
    but then, i have never had cause to call their warranty.
    Thanks sa insight mo Doc, it would be good if "w/c ever comes last" this will be an advantage on our part.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian ZDN View Post
    Thanks sa insight mo Doc, it would be good if "w/c ever comes last" this will be an advantage on our part.
    well, i and one or two others here, do it.
    it is not a guarantee, that it will work for others as well.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I just do PMS every 6 months don sa Avanza nang uncle ko (he's in the US)..

and basic change oil lang (regular oil lang gamit) walang add ons.. minsan 3T+ lang kada PMS sa casa to..

Then I follow the KMs reading pag major change.. like change fluids etc.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Normal PMS is every 5kms or every 6 months which ever comes first. 10kms for sythetic oils.

What is the main reason for 5kms change oil?
    -It's to flush the deteriorated oil that might loose the viscousity that is bad to the engine and re-fill newer oil. Deteriorated oil will increase wear and tear if viscousity drops. But for synthetic oil, it deteriorates longer due to wider temperature range and properties that differs from base oil. Oil molecules having the same sizes compared to base oil that causes the effect of smoother performance than base oil. Thats why synthetic oil follow every 10kms change oil but change oil filter every 5k.

Why change oil on the 6th month even less than 5kms?
    - The main reason is the same of 5kms, deterioration of oil. It might also looses viscousity and could damage the engine.

So if you want to extend the life of your car (especially the engine), invest in lubrications. Change oil earlier of recommended, the better but costly. Change oil beyond recommended, it will save you money initially but would cost your car in the future. Or just follow the recommended change oil every 5kms or 10kms and surely you will have longer life on your car.

Always remember that when you buy a car, PMS cost of the car must also be considered. Otherwise, don't buy a car and just use public transportation instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast