New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i follow the 5000 km or 6 months, whichever comes last.
    hindi naman ako sinisita, since i started practicing it in our cars, since 15 years ago.
    but then, i have never had cause to call their warranty.
    so pwede mag exceed nang 5000 km if antayin mag 6 months?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post
    so pwede mag exceed nang 5000 km if antayin mag 6 months?
    the "5000 or 6 months, whichever comes last" is for me.
    the way i use the car, kasi,
    i have never reached 5000 km in the span of 6 months.
    more likely, it takes me 9 months to do 5000 km.
    ...heb more than one car, kasi.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 3rd, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    don sa avanza nang uncle ko na I maintain pag nasa US sya.. i just do PMS every 6 months.. so 2x a year.. simple change oil costs 3T+ lang.. then I do the other PMS based on the KM reading.. like change fluids every 40K.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dback30 View Post
    Normal PMS is every 5kms or every 6 months which ever comes first. 10kms for sythetic oils.

Why change oil on the 6th month even less than 5kms?
    - The main reason is the same of 5kms, deterioration of oil. It might also looses viscousity and could damage the engine.

The main reason is the deterioration of dealer's income ... dealers have no way of knowing if the vehicle is driven properly ... if it idles a lot in traffic or while waiting ... so they impose their 6 or 12 month rule just to be safe ...

Have had vehicles that run less than 5000 kms in 2-3 years ... oil always changed at 5000 kms ... still runs fine with 100T+ kms on the clock ... as long as you know how to check and take care of vehicles and use them properly, you'll be fine ... if not, then either you learn or just pay more ...

Just be practical and have common sense ... like dr. d ... spend time to learn about vehicle maintenance ... instead of looking at FB or Twitter over what people are eating and wearing ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    "instead of looking at FB..." Hahaha, best comment ever Toyota PMS

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The main reason is the deterioration of dealer's income ... dealers have no way of knowing if the vehicle is driven properly ... if it idles a lot in traffic or while waiting ... so they impose their 6 or 12 month rule just to be safe ...

Have had vehicles that run less than 5000 kms in 2-3 years ... oil always changed at 5000 kms ... still runs fine with 100T+ kms on the clock ... as long as you know how to check and take care of vehicles and use them properly, you'll be fine ... if not, then either you learn or just pay more ...

Just be practical and have common sense ... like dr. d ... spend time to learn about vehicle maintenance ... instead of looking at FB or Twitter over what people are eating and wearing ...
    correct! also invest in some tools and start doing simple maintenance at home

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234