New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Sa Toyota sinasabihan namin parati service advisor namin na 1x a year lang change oil, wala naman outright sinasabi need pagawa every 6 months kung hindi mawawala warranty. Poker Face lang siguru kami. or RBF (resting b*t*h face) kaya takot sabihin. haha!
    the terms of the warranty are written on paper.
    i do not think the SA is required to remind us of those terms.
    but the truth of the pudding is, "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    "i ask because i know not."

in personal experience naman kasi,
    i have never had instance to claim any form of warranty, during the vehicle's warranty period.
    ... well, except for that alternator bearing and that soft-metal transmission stick... because i did not know better, at that time.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    may family friend kami...

'96 Tamaraw FX - gas version. kumakain ng 1liter oil per week (brand new)

binalik nila since under warranty yung vehicle

biinigyan daw sila nung pagka-kapal kapal na terms and conditions... repair lang ginawa.

even after the repair, mga 1 liter/month dinadagdag nila na oil... sabi ng dealership, normal daw yun (we know na hindi since nasa jeep/taxi business kami pareho)

later, nabenta din yung FX sa inis nung friend namin... pinalitan nya ng Revo diesel.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the terms of the warranty are written on paper.
    i do not think the SA is required to remind us of those terms.
    but the truth of the pudding is, "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    That is also true. As an anecdotal side, Toyota wala pa kami ever naging warranty claim. Sa Mitsubishi meron (rusted fuel neck/check engine light, suspension and dead battery after 2 days even though good yung battery check result during pms. <-- all claimed but just needed to be documented during the claim sa MMPC). Nissan nagclaim din warranty, but not on the car per se, but rather on the service. (per Nissan NE rules as displayed, works done 3mos warranty, parts replaced 6 mos warranty. When i came back for service during 5th month may gagalawin ulit sila same part that needed to replaced - a gasket sa engine cover i recall. Claimed it as warranty. they checked system and waived the charges for the gasket before I paid. No hassle din just wait for sign off ng higher ups as part of process).

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    may family friend kami...

'96 Tamaraw FX - gas version. kumakain ng 1liter oil per week (brand new)
    We previously owned a '93 model my dad regularly used. Also the Tamarax FX Jeep type. Engine was 1.3L I recall but not sure. Never had that oil issue. Yun naman every 6 mos ang service ginagawa but regular mineral oil lang, not fully synthetic. Mas hindi pa ako nakikialam sa maintenance nung panahon na yun and yung katiwala na driver/mechanic nila gumagalaw lang sa kotse outside the warranty nung kotse.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Toyota Philippines