New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Sa Toyota sinasabihan namin parati service advisor namin na 1x a year lang change oil, wala naman outright sinasabi need pagawa every 6 months kung hindi mawawala warranty. Poker Face lang siguru kami. or RBF (resting b*t*h face) kaya takot sabihin. haha!
    the terms of the warranty are written on paper.
    i do not think the SA is required to remind us of those terms.
    but the truth of the pudding is, "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    "i ask because i know not."

in personal experience naman kasi,
    i have never had instance to claim any form of warranty, during the vehicle's warranty period.
    ... well, except for that alternator bearing and that soft-metal transmission stick... because i did not know better, at that time.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    may family friend kami...

'96 Tamaraw FX - gas version. kumakain ng 1liter oil per week (brand new)

binalik nila since under warranty yung vehicle

biinigyan daw sila nung pagka-kapal kapal na terms and conditions... repair lang ginawa.

even after the repair, mga 1 liter/month dinadagdag nila na oil... sabi ng dealership, normal daw yun (we know na hindi since nasa jeep/taxi business kami pareho)

later, nabenta din yung FX sa inis nung friend namin... pinalitan nya ng Revo diesel.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the terms of the warranty are written on paper.
    i do not think the SA is required to remind us of those terms.
    but the truth of the pudding is, "when something does go wrong, how successful will we be, in claiming warranty?"
    That is also true. As an anecdotal side, Toyota wala pa kami ever naging warranty claim. Sa Mitsubishi meron (rusted fuel neck/check engine light, suspension and dead battery after 2 days even though good yung battery check result during pms. <-- all claimed but just needed to be documented during the claim sa MMPC). Nissan nagclaim din warranty, but not on the car per se, but rather on the service. (per Nissan NE rules as displayed, works done 3mos warranty, parts replaced 6 mos warranty. When i came back for service during 5th month may gagalawin ulit sila same part that needed to replaced - a gasket sa engine cover i recall. Claimed it as warranty. they checked system and waived the charges for the gasket before I paid. No hassle din just wait for sign off ng higher ups as part of process).

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    may family friend kami...

'96 Tamaraw FX - gas version. kumakain ng 1liter oil per week (brand new)
    We previously owned a '93 model my dad regularly used. Also the Tamarax FX Jeep type. Engine was 1.3L I recall but not sure. Never had that oil issue. Yun naman every 6 mos ang service ginagawa but regular mineral oil lang, not fully synthetic. Mas hindi pa ako nakikialam sa maintenance nung panahon na yun and yung katiwala na driver/mechanic nila gumagalaw lang sa kotse outside the warranty nung kotse.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Akio Toyoda steps back as Toyota CEO, to become Chairman | Autoindustriya

Succeeding Toyoda will be 53-year-old Koji Sato, who is currently the Operating Officer, Chief Branding Officer as well as president of Lexus International and the Gazoo Racing company.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    From the above article:

TMP president Okamoto mentioned diesel power for the Tamaraw revival, but IMV-0 also opens up the possibility of electric and hybrid powertrain options as well. “BEV is one of the methodologies for carbon neutrality. Our enemy is carbon, yes, not ICE (internal combustion engines), so we will prepare all the variants for carbon neutrality, not only the EV but also hybrid, probably hybrid, even hydrogen, we will prepare,” said Okamoto.
    Belcher kasi sobra yung mga old PUV models kaya they're looking into making it less polluting. If I may say tough, the enemy isn't the ICE, but the lack of maintenance on the part of the operators. No amount of green technologies can offset indifference. "Basta lang tumatakbo't kumikita...."

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Toyota PH Launches RentaCar Service | CarGuide

The Toyota RentαCar booking office is currently located at GT Tower International at Makati (6813 Ayala Avenue corner H.V. Costa Street), with plans of expanding through the Toyota dealer network in NCR, residential communities, and office buildings, for customer convenience.

Daily rates for the Toyota Vios start at P 3,000 (P 19,750 weekly), while for the Innova, it starts at P 4,000 (P 26,320 weekly).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    https://fb.watch/ljAUdnrGWm/?mibextid=cr9u03

Saw this video of Luxury Car Manila/King Panda vlogger.

He was apparently contacted by Toyota Motor Phil(TMPH) the main office not the dealers and was warning him because of his apparent AD selling the limited edition Toyota GR Yaris which came from one of their dealers. He was selling a brand new one and priced way over SRP. Apparently it is not the first time and other resellers of the GR Yaris was also contacted by TMPH before for selling the limited edition GR Yaris over SRP.

Thou i do commend TMPH for trying to stop the resellers and price gouging. if there are buyers willing to buy at the inflated price then its the resellers right to do so. it does piss off a lot of car enthusiast who would normally like to get that particular unit but due to lack of supply are stuck in the wait list unless they succumb to the illegal practices of the Dealers. I do not know if TMPH will reprimand its dealers for this but i think all Toyota dealers or their SA are guilty of Price gouging/add ons/installments for their popular models. The way KP defends the dealers is something i don't like about the video. i have yet to meet a Toyota SA/dealer willing to sell me a highly coveted unit without any add-ons.

Now if we can buy directly from TMPH, why not? cut out the middle man/dealer. hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    https://fb.watch/ljAUdnrGWm/?mibextid=cr9u03

Saw this video of Luxury Car Manila/King Panda vlogger.

He was apparently contacted by Toyota Motor Phil(TMPH) the main office not the dealers and was warning him because of his apparent AD selling the limited edition Toyota GR Yaris which came from one of their dealers. He was selling a brand new one and priced way over SRP. Apparently it is not the first time and other resellers of the GR Yaris was also contacted by TMPH before for selling the limited edition GR Yaris over SRP.

Thou i do commend TMPH for trying to stop the resellers and price gouging. if there are buyers willing to buy at the inflated price then its the resellers right to do so. it does piss off a lot of car enthusiast who would normally like to get that particular unit but due to lack of supply are stuck in the wait list unless they succumb to the illegal practices of the Dealers. I do not know if TMPH will reprimand its dealers for this but i think all Toyota dealers or their SA are guilty of Price gouging/add ons/installments for their popular models. The way KP defends the dealers is something i don't like about the video. i have yet to meet a Toyota SA/dealer willing to sell me a highly coveted unit without any add-ons.

Now if we can buy directly from TMPH, why not? cut out the middle man/dealer. hehe
    it's a bit similar to the inflationary rolex flipping industry.
    walang mabili sa rolex Authorized Dealer.
    they're all in the flipper stores, at inflated price.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Toyota Philippines