New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    a friend from Toyota and Honda once told me...

kung lahat ng tao bibili ng car using cash. kulang pa kikitahin nila to pay for rent (di pa kasama utilities and sweldo nila)
    an industry source once said,
    casas do not generate the majority of their income from unit car sales.
    they generate their lion's share of income from costumer services, aka, PMS and repairs.

you sell one car, ilang libo lang kita diyan.
    you pms it multiple times during its useful life... !
    Last edited by dr. d; August 31st, 2022 at 03:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    But Toyota is highly vertically integrated! Pati financing meron sila sarili (TFS), for a car that's worth a million or two being amortized for several years that's a couple of hundred thousand din. And the agents will insist you use their internal financing.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Doc I have heard this too, but if its true then they should sell as many units as possible to produce more income from the PMS schedules.
    But their sales practice is turning off a lot of potential sales simply because it wont give an initial profit to the Sales Agent.
    For almost 2 decades a lot of my friends, family and me included would have bought 1-2 more Toyota's if it was not for their sales practice. A benefit for their competitors.
    The DTI i think already has a memorandum against their practice but they still do it and no one is complaining to DTI. They still find ways to skirt the order plus complaining to DTI might be long and painstaking process.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Doc I have heard this too, but if its true then they should sell as many units as possible to produce more income from the PMS schedules.
    But their sales practice is turning off a lot of potential sales simply because it wont give an initial profit to the Sales Agent.
    For almost 2 decades a lot of my friends, family and me included would have bought 1-2 more Toyota's if it was not for their sales practice. A benefit for their competitors.
    The DTI i think already has a memorandum against their practice but they still do it and no one is complaining to DTI. They still find ways to skirt the order plus complaining to DTI might be long and painstaking process.
    yes. kaso not all buyers naman will have their PMS done sa casa.

and some car owners will also go to a more convenient casa. e.g. if you buy a Nissan from Manila Bay, ibang company na pala sa Q. Ave -> so ibang company na makikinabang syo if you send your car sa Q. Ave for PMS.

in my case, I bought a car from Honda Manila Bay and PMS ko is sa Makati. although its under the same group, nararamdaman ko na magka-iba pa din sila everytime I renew my insurance (Manila Bay is still messaging me yearly)

as for DTI... may colleagueakong taga DTI and madali lang mag-complain.

problem is kung 1-2 cars lang dumadating sa model na pinilahan mo... dealer can always say na may nauna syo.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    True, i bought a unit outside metro manila and i am having it serviced at a casa a few blocks away from my house. two different parent companies.

But isn't sales supposed to be a numbers games.
    My guess is the parent company wants to sell more cars, but the SA would rather have more profit for him/her rather than sell more cars but for less profit due to the payment methods.

No transparency. you really wouldn't know kung ano exact number mo sa wait list nila until the vehicle unit is in your hands.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    True, i bought a unit outside metro manila and i am having it serviced at a casa a few blocks away from my house. two different parent companies.

But isn't sales supposed to be a numbers games.
    My guess is the parent company wants to sell more cars, but the SA would rather have more profit for him/her rather than sell more cars but for less profit due to the payment methods.

No transparency. you really wouldn't know kung ano exact number mo sa wait list nila until the vehicle unit is in your hands.
    yes... sales agents also receive extra $$$ for in-house (and partner banks) financing.

as for it being a numbers game... we do our homework before buying a car. If Toyota and Honda asks you to wait. will you go to Geely?
    If wala si Geely, bibili ka ba ng MG?

In the end, pipila ka din.

Tapos (other than the Vios and Innova), limited din stocks nila. di naman palaging may Grandia na available for release.

So if you only have 1 car available na dumating... e.g. Corolla Cross GR (iisa daw dumating last month as per our source). kanino mo bebenta? Cash, In-house, Bank or Toyota Lease Program?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pag ako bumili sa toyota quezon avenue hindi ako dadaan sa mga dinadaanan nyo.

Pero as much as possible ayaw ko na ng toyota.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    pag ako bumili sa toyota quezon avenue hindi ako dadaan sa mga dinadaanan nyo.

Pero as much as possible ayaw ko na ng toyota.
    kasi di ka sa main entrance papasok?

hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    tatawag lang sa telepono. They live here in trueQC.

pero sabi ko nga kung pwede iwasan toyota eh iwasan. Parang sm supermarket matagal na ako hindi bumibili.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    tatawag lang sa telepono. They live here in trueQC.

pero sabi ko nga kung pwede iwasan toyota eh iwasan. Parang sm supermarket matagal na ako hindi bumibili.
    Sino kakilala mo sa kanila?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Toyota Philippines