New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    supposedly the camry has a tilt & telescopic steering wheel, my question is: where is the lever for the telescopic function because i cant seem to find it thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    There's only one lever for both functions.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    When you slot the lever to the open position, you can pull the steering wheel forward or push it in, just as you can swing it up and down.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks got it. totally forgot that it has a telescopic function, and as our other cars dont have it, lumabas pagka-ignorante ko

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just noticed that the driver's side mirror seems to be concave or convex. I mean at certain angles, the cars on the the side mirrir look wavy.

Has anyone noticed this?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Im US based kaya nagulat ako sa laki ng difference sa USDM at local market both sa interior at exterior aspect ng Camry.....the USDM has a sportier look compared to the ASEAN version which has a more luxurious look.....

Camry at P2 million? wow! ang mahal na ng kotse sa pilipinas mga bigtime kayong mga camry owners

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by powertool View Post
    i got my 2.4v last april and have logged about 5100 kms so far. am a bit disappointed at the quality of the unit i got. just two days after receiving my car from the dealer, i discovered that the lid of my rear armrest was detached; luckily toyota commonwealth had a rear armrest in stock and replaced it straight away. at about 5000 kms, i noticed a thumping sound coming from the left rear wheel when i hit 80 kph+ on the highway or pass over humps. toyota shaw says there is something loose in the rear suspension (obviously), probably a control arm or the top shock mounting. the svc mgr of shaw says he has an idea what it is; reading between the lines, i have a feeling that i'm not the first camry owner who's complained of a thumping noise from the rear suspension. i've also noticed assorted creaks and groans coming from the dash and center console, nothing major but disappointing in a car this expensive. the 2.4L engine is a tad underpowered for this size and weight of car, which makes acceleration sluggish and uphill climbs a chore. i recently drove to tagaytay highlands with two companions and my camry struggled going up the steep, winding slopes even with the tranny in S1/S2. finally, shift shock is evident at low speeds (2 badminton buds with 2.4v camrys report the same shifting phenomenon with their 07 camrys).

overall pros: sleek exterior styling , plush ride, high grade interior materials, lots of cool features (power rear shade, frnt and rear sonar, remote controls in rear armrest etc.), lots of interior space

overall cons: unsettled high speed handling, creaks and groans from the dash and center console, quality lapses (rear armrest, rear suspension), shift shock from auto tranny, 2.4L a tad under powered (should've gotten a V6!)

final verdict: can't wait to trade-in my camry for a 2009 mazda 6 3.7L V6(hopefully) arriving late 2008!
    Except for the armrest and underpowered part,all your problems I also have in mine,and my unit is a 3.5Q. Lots of creaks and groans,I sent my unit back and forth to Toyota Commonwealth at least they have reduced it,sometimes its there,sometimes its not. Good thing I Read about what you had to say about the rear suspension,will get it checked in my 20,00KM check up since I hear those sounds too

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi to camry owners..
    my 2.4G is due for its 30,000th KM PMS check. Anybody who had theirs already? I would like to know what other parts that they would replace (on top of the regular change oil and filter)? I mean will they replace the break pads, air filter, others? How much would it cost for the pms using fully synthetic oil?
    TIA

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j*sto View Post
    hi to camry owners..
    my 2.4G is due for its 30,000th KM PMS check. Anybody who had theirs already? I would like to know what other parts that they would replace (on top of the regular change oil and filter)? I mean will they replace the break pads, air filter, others? How much would it cost for the pms using fully synthetic oil?
    TIA
    Sir we had our 2.4V 20,000 km PMS a few weeks ago. Change oil using fully synthetic oil and oil filter. Total damage 5000+.. According to SA sa 40,000 km pa palit ibang parts but they will check your unit naman kung kailangan na palitan yun brake pads, air filter etc. HTH

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg123 View Post
    Sir we had our 2.4V 20,000 km PMS a few weeks ago. Change oil using fully synthetic oil and oil filter. Total damage 5000+.. According to SA sa 40,000 km pa palit ibang parts but they will check your unit naman kung kailangan na palitan yun brake pads, air filter etc. HTH

thanks bsg123...i had the 20K last Dec 08 and had the same amount. I'm just wondering what else they would do for the 30K, though i trully believe they will replace the break pads. thanks again!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Toyota Motor Philippines presents the all-new Camry!