New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello!
    im a newbie here,and also a newbie of 'soon-to-be-car-owner' and i dont wanna mess up my hard earned money of buying one. kindly enlighten me,ok po ba yung lucida na model?madali po yung parts?how about performance po?i didnt even know how to drive mag aaral pa rin po ako for my mom. and i would really appreciate if somebody can help me figure out kung anong ok na bilin na pre-owned car for a first timer.thank you so much in advance for your help

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    you need a trustworthy mechanic to inspect the vehicle.

you have to avoid the low quality converted units, impending headaches and danger.

enroll in a driving school where you will learn the art of defensive driving, not just running the vehicle.

ask yourself why you want the lucida. you have to know what you need.

HTH

BTW, i also have a Lucida Estima (manual transmission) for 4 years now, and it's still serving me well.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by atomictom View Post
    you need a trustworthy mechanic to inspect the vehicle.

you have to avoid the low quality converted units, impending headaches and danger.

enroll in a driving school where you will learn the art of defensive driving, not just running the vehicle.

ask yourself why you want the lucida. you have to know what you need.

HTH

BTW, i also have a Lucida Estima (manual transmission) for 4 years now, and it's still serving me well.
    ey,hi! thank you so much really appreciate it, guess i really need to think things out, we probably need a kinda mini van type of vehicle since were from QC and from time to time we visit san mateo, and naku my mother would always bring lots of stuff,as in "a lot" na afterwards ibabalik nya uli sa QC,so yun po.btw, may local unit po ng lucida ditos satin?and ur right the mechanic really will be a great help. thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    ey,hi! thank you so much really appreciate it, guess i really need to think things out, we probably need a kinda mini van type of vehicle since were from QC and from time to time we visit san mateo, and naku my mother would always bring lots of stuff,as in "a lot" na afterwards ibabalik nya uli sa QC,so yun po.btw, may local unit po ng lucida ditos satin?and ur right the mechanic really will be a great help. thanks again!

no problem. glad to help.

i know what you mean, we also bring stuff to and from nagcarlan laguna and manila. the rear seats can be folded to accommodate a bit more than a cubic meter of cargo.

good thing about manual trans. is that i worry less about low battery charge and transmission problems whereas the automatic units are kinda prone to repairs since they have been pretty much used and sometimes abused. so, you really need a good and trustworthy mechanic not just someone who will wait for his wage/tip.

lucidas are Japan made vans brought here as a whole, converted to be LHD that is why you have to be very careful in choosing because some are converted without safety considerations for the future owners.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    btw, why don't you check out the local Starex and Hi-Ace? best if you avoid Japan grey imports, less worries.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thank you so much,as in thanks talaga

actually,i cant harldy decide what car to buy,hmm,more like di ko alam kung anong dapat bilin i really need to seek experts advise then before buying. thank thanks again. hope u wont get tired explaining stuff to me.

im looking at kia sportage also, hmm...considering budget din kasi talaga.

thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    you are welcome!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, better to buy a original LHD, locally produced and sold unit over the converted Lucida as chances are you'll be spending extra for repairs, sourcing parts, etc. then in the end, its hard to sell at a price that you'll want. Try looking at options like a Starex, Revo/Innova, old Hiace, Urvan or L300 van amongst some.

What exactly is your budget? Don't forget also to set aside an extra 30K to 50K for any necessary repairs and maintenance if you buy second hand.

My two cents.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IMO, better to buy a original LHD, locally produced and sold unit over the converted Lucida as chances are you'll be spending extra for repairs, sourcing parts, etc. then in the end, its hard to sell at a price that you'll want. Try looking at options like a Starex, Revo/Innova, old Hiace, Urvan or L300 van amongst some.

What exactly is your budget? Don't forget also to set aside an extra 30K to 50K for any necessary repairs and maintenance if you buy second hand.

My two cents.
    thanks! noted po

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i don't think you'll find an original LHD lucida. There are very few original LHD 1st gen previa (larger sibling of lucida) but if you'll find one, it's better than the converted lucida.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Lucida- Please help :)